Really need outfit graphics for CTC

I don't know why it says that, but when I attempt to send the PM, it says "User does not exist". I even copied and pasted your name and still got the error. Go figure.

Anyways, expect to recieve the list shortly. And let me know if you want to do the missiles and such so I can send the sprites as well.

Edit: By the way, I'm down to needing only 54 more outfits. Sounds like a bunch, but considering the initial amount, on my first request for graphical help, was 87, that's not so bad. Also considering that about ten of the remaining are paint outfits, it's even easier. All's someone would have to do is give me one color for a paint outfit and I could use GIMP to make the recolorations.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 17 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

I'm no good at making graphics, only editing them... still, if you have any ideas for something I could do, let me know.

@joshtigerheart, on Oct 17 2007, 07:35 PM, said in Really need outfit graphics for CTC:

I don't know why it says that, but when I attempt to send the PM, it says "User does not exist". I even copied and pasted your name and still got the error. Go figure.

The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I wonder if the board's PM thing can't support number-only names.

@joshtigerheart, on Oct 17 2007, 04:35 PM, said in Really need outfit graphics for CTC:

Anyways, expect to recieve the list shortly. And let me know if you want to do the missiles and such so I can send the sprites as well.

Sure I'll do missiles. I should be able to do about one or two graphics a day. (Hey, I'm busy!)

Okay, just looked at the list, looks downright awsome! Just thought I'd let you know, though, sonar is vibrations, and since there is no medium for them to carry through in space, the sonar missiles wouldn't work.

Geek: Editing? Hmmmm. I have something, another alternative to the software. If you can get a picture of a CD or DVD and edit the label to replace it with the names of the outfit and the company that made it, you could make the software pieces pretty easily. I would have done that myself if I had access to Photoshop.

Cosmic: Yeah, that was what I thought too.

101181920: I'll have to send you the sprites tomorrow morning. For whatever reason, the network on campus likes to go really slow and wonky at night. Makes it tough to even post! (I got "server stopped responding message a few times trying to make this post.) So, uploading files isn't really possible right now. And 1 or 2 a day is pretty quick, actually.

And as for the Sonar thing. It's....uhhhh....it's pseudo-science. Yeah! Pseudo-science! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

@joshtigerheart, on Oct 17 2007, 08:50 PM, said in Really need outfit graphics for CTC:

And as for the Sonar thing. It's....uhhhh....it's pseudo-science. Yeah! Pseudo-science! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Of course, you could just change it a little bit so it impacts into the hull of the target, and vibrates, so it actually directly sends the vibration into the other ship.

(Apologies to EVWEB) This is basic editing, and I'm pretty sure anyone here could do it... but any color you need...

Attached File(s)

• Attached File LT.jpg (3.13K)
    Number of downloads: 27

I'm good for cannons, so you can quit editing EVWeb's graphics. :laugh:

And, it's kinda late to change Sonar Missiles to suit any other explanation. The missile's behavior and descriptions explicitly mention sonar tracking, and I have it set to track in that sort of fashion. It'd be too much of a gameplay change this late to make.

@joshtigerheart, on Oct 18 2007, 10:26 AM, said in Really need outfit graphics for CTC:

I'm good for cannons, so you can quit editing EVWeb's graphics. :laugh:

And, it's kinda late to change Sonar Missiles to suit any other explanation. The missile's behavior and descriptions explicitly mention sonar tracking, and I have it set to track in that sort of fashion. It'd be too much of a gameplay change this late to make.

That's fine, just an idea.