I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!

no, really.

You are at a planet, you buy a Ship called an Ark ship (hurray!) and fly to an unoccupied planet and land with your ark ship! one of the options on the planet is "Populate planet" you click it, Then return to a occupied planet, except a mission called "Transport colonists" Take the Colonists on your Ark ship, back to the unoccupied planet land, repeat as necicary, and within a few months, Presto! The unoccupied planet has turned into an occupied planet, and your pilot name is in the description.

Yay! :laugh: :rolleyes: 😛 😉 :rolleyes: :laugh: 😉 😛

In Apophis, humanity starts out with 17 systems, and after awhile this may get boring, so I am going to fill the unoccupied space around Humanity with lots of planets and the option to populate those planets at any point in the story (although, of course, the Ark is VERY VERY EXSPENSIVE) so this is more for after you complete the storyline(s) but you may have a limited region of success (Wild animals, Deseases, that sort of thing)

You can also terraform nonhabitable planets, then colonize them.

However, I am not really sure where to start. Here is what I have, though.

Each system has 2 planets, one occupied, one not. The unoccupied is the one that it starts with, but switches to the occupied one when the colonistes mission is completed 5 or 6 times. (The colonist missions only appear when you have the Ark ship)

about the rest, though, I'm flying blind. Suggestions? Comments? (Free food? Hehehe... )

P.S. Do not comment on my horroble speling and gramer, becuse I knoWe. ( 😛 )

Hm, there was an old EV TC similar to this, with the colonising planets and stuff. I forget what it was called though.

Hey Yoda, please give me a real assignment.... like if I should name planets and make dëscs for them... tell me how many, and what types..

I don't think you can have <PN> tags in a planet dësc. On a more helpful note, start with a mission. You'll need one for each planet you want to colonize. Then make it only available to people with the Ark ship. Make the Travel Stellar the place where you pick up the colonists, and the Return Stellar where the mission began. Have a duplicate system replace the original once the mission is complete.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 13 2007, 07:12 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

I don't think you can have <PN> tags in a planet dësc. On a more helpful note, start with a mission. You'll need one for each planet you want to colonize. Then make it only available to people with the Ark ship. Make the Travel Stellar the place where you pick up the colonists, and the Return Stellar where the mission began. Have a duplicate system replace the original once the mission is complete.

I happened to try putting a <PN> tag in one of my planet dëscs. It doesn't work.
You know, this reminds me of a plug in that I thought long and hard about a long time ago and then didn't really even start making...
It was going to feature the player as a Sigma Corperation Planet Developer. Fly around in your custom Starliner, developing planets, making huge amounts of credits (complete missions to give your worlds new features! Pay four million credits and this world now has a spaceport bar! For ten million, we can get you a shipyard - it just fell of the back of a truck, I promise...)

@otter, on Sep 13 2007, 07:30 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

I happened to try putting a <PN> tag in one of my planet dëscs. It doesn't work.
You know, this reminds me of a plug in that I thought long and hard about a long time ago and then didn't really even start making...
It was going to feature the player as a Sigma Corperation Planet Developer. Fly around in your custom Starliner, developing planets, making huge amounts of credits (complete missions to give your worlds new features! Pay four million credits and this world now has a spaceport bar! For ten million, we can get you a shipyard - it just fell of the back of a truck, I promise...)

Tell ya what. Howzabout when I finish Nebula you and me work on this as a side project. 😄

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 13 2007, 08:04 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

Tell ya what. Howzabout when I finish Nebula you and me work on this as a side project. 😄

It sounds like an offer what cannot be refused.
Posted Image

😄

I'll get to work. rushes off to fix bugs

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 13 2007, 10:22 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

😄

I'll get to work. rushes off to fix bugs

This here intro screen is actually the only thing left from my aforementioned plug, which vaporized before it even began to exist. Please forgive any and all spelling errors - I was a much younger Otter at the time.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Otter : 13 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

Like the compositing, hate the font.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 13 2007, 10:53 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

Like the compositing, hate the font.

Agreed. What was I thinking?

@guy, on Sep 13 2007, 11:02 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

Hm, there was an old EV TC similar to this, with the colonising planets and stuff. I forget what it was called though.

Foundation?

Yeah, that sounds like a familiar name 🙂

This is a pretty cool idea. I might implement this in Spacelane at some point...

I intensely dislike the word "Destiny"

and has anyone thought of a way of starting their plugs other than the tried and tested "You are a fresh graduate from the pilots academy, bleah, bleablea, bleablea...?

I don't know. thats just my own humble opinion.

Edit: I am referring to otters title screen.

This post has been edited by Yoda Almighty : 16 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

@yamfries, on Sep 16 2007, 12:26 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

and has anyone thought of a way of starting their plugs other than the tried and tested "You are a fresh graduate from the pilots academy, bleah, bleablea, bleablea...?

Way ahead of you. 🙂

We all know what your title screen is, Josh. Or we know what it says. I don't know if you have a title screen or if it's just a desc or whatever.

@guy, on Sep 13 2007, 07:02 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

Enigma TC will have this "feature", in a way.

www.stellarprism.net for those of you interested. We need planet landing pics and thats about it. Maybe some bar descs.

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 16 2007, 02:39 PM, said in I claim this planet for MEEEEEEEE!:

Way ahead of you. 🙂

In Apophis, you begin the story locked in a cell as one of the Apophis's "prisoners" and after about a paragraph of back-story, a man drops out of a grate in the ceiling (spelling?) and rescues you. Then it's a vent crawling adventure to your cloaked ACIA Ship (Alien Counter Intelligence Agency. thank you geek 😛 ) Then, you fly into a artificial wormhole that takes you back to last strain space. whether you are caught or not determines if you leave quietly without notice, or under heavy fire, a race for your life to get back to home, and safety. If you do make it back to LS space alive, you surrender your ACIA shuttle and Mr. general person gives you enough money to buy a shuttle, and jump start your life.

You received pilot training before the Apophis invasion when you were very young. you were captured when Earthy was taken, and you learned to read and write in the Apophis language whilst in captivity. (HINT: This may be a base for the story-line. You are the only one who can communicate with the Apophis? you get the idea.)

In Apophis, you begin the story locked in a cell as one of the Apophis's "prisoners" and after about a paragraph of back-story, a man drops out of a grate in the ceiling (spelling?) and rescues you. Then it's a vent crawling adventure to your cloaked ACIA Ship (Alien Counter Intelligence Agency. thank you geek ) Then, you fly into a artificial wormhole that takes you back to last strain space. whether you are caught or not determines if you leave quietly without notice, or under heavy fire, a race for your life to get back to home, and safety. If you do make it back to LS space alive, you surrender your ACIA shuttle and Mr. general person gives you enough money to buy a shuttle, and jump start your life.

Cool idea. Sounds fun. opens up air ducts to start crawling around