My EVNEW crashes!

OK, so I'm loading up my TC, and when it gets to resource 312 (I dunno what it is) it says "EVNEW.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Two questions, if there's something wrong, how can I fix it without being able to open it in EVNEW, and what could cause something like this?

If anyone helps me get it back, they are entitled to a sneak peak when I get my EVNEW working again.

This post has been edited by zapp : 18 September 2007 - 05:19 AM

I nothing about EVNEW, so you may completely disregard my comment:

Did you start to have problems after you added my sound effect? Maybe the file format is bad. Is it in .snd format? did you try the plugin I sent you?

I didn't add your sound. I added a little empty snd file in there to remind me where to put it in when I got it, but that's it. Also, the game runs fine. EVN is reading it, I'm cruising around having dogfights to my heart's content right now while I'm waiting to go to school. And EVNEW is opening other files.

see, I know nothing :mellow: I knew that. hmm..... confusing. Hope someone out there fixes your problem. Check out my sound effects thread shameless self-advertisement

I have. I like, though I'm not planning on putting any chaingun-type guns, if I can ever get it to work.

How about blaster sounds? I'm working on those now. Also, feel free to contribute any original sound effects to the thread.

more shameless self-advertisement, but most likely the last of it

Someone help zapp with his Windows problem, so this thread has meaning, please. 🙂

Sadly, even with all my tinkering, I've never managed to crash EVNEW. Either you added something way crazy into the file and it crashes when it loads or the problem is not coming from EVNEW itself...

I could be waaaaaaaay off here, but maybe you have a virus? Sorry I am not much help =/.

What does the error log say?

I can't find the error log, where is it? HELP ME I HAD THE BIGGEST LEAP OF INSPIRATION LAST NIGHT AND NOW I CAN'T ADD IT AND I'M UPSET. Please.

Oh and Geek, if it works out OK I do need several blaster sounds. I was planning on just keeping the EVC ones, but getting my own sounds cool too.

This post has been edited by zapp : 18 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

@zapp, on Sep 19 2007, 04:35 AM, said in My EVNEW crashes!:

I can't find the error log, where is it? HELP ME I HAD THE BIGGEST LEAP OF INSPIRATION LAST NIGHT AND NOW I CAN'T ADD IT AND I'M UPSET. Please.

Oh and Geek, if it works out OK I do need several blaster sounds. I was planning on just keeping the EVC ones, but getting my own sounds cool too.

Will see what I can do. Astronomoerob is having me make sound effects for his tribute animation, but maybe I can squeeze a few in...

OK, I'm gonna make a test. I need one person on Windows that has EVNEW and one person on Mac that has w/e plug editing stuff you have. I'll give you everything (you have to sign this confidentiality waver 😄 ) so you can play it, as it works, but try to open it and see what happens. Also, I'd like the person with the Mac to leave it .bin, compress it, and send it back. Do I have any volunteers?

I would, but I'm working on:

Nebula

Anathema beta testing

Colosseum interface images

Misc. stuff whenever Yoda Almighty needs me to work on his TC

Basically, I'm busy.

I could try.

What's your email?

I can play both parts.

This post has been edited by Guy : 18 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

It's in the mail, guy. When you said your email, you meant <secret at request of Guy>, right? Just checking.

This post has been edited by zapp : 18 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

@zapp, on Sep 19 2007, 11:52 AM, said in My EVNEW crashes!:

What's your email?

I'll PM you.

In the mail, Geek. And that's it, enough people. Sorry, better luck next time 😉

Awesome, Guy. I can't say thanks enough!