Inertialess fighters (again)

So I'm making a windows plugin that makes the fighters ans patrol/scout ships ships (they look about the size of a fighter and probably need all the help they can get) but how do I keep the A.I. from braking a long way from a planet and slowly moving towards it before landing (Which I would not do if I were piloting one of those ships; I'd get close to the planet, slam on the breaks, and land)?

And is the clipper supposed to be slow?

Clipper? Are you referring to EV:C or EV:O?

I'm not sure there's a way to do this per se , but you might try messing with the acceleration and top speed fields in the shďp resources. I think if you up the acceleration value, the ships will brake faster when inertialess (just a guess, though)

Yes, the clipper from EV:C (I can't recall one from EV:O) is supposed to be pretty slow. It's really intended to be closer to a courier ship than a fighter.

The Clipper fulfills the same role that the Valkyrie and Starbridge do in EVN, except that it's actually balanced. That is to say, it can be adapted to carry weaponry of any class, from fixed guns to turrets to secondaries, and it can also carry cargo, but it's not as good at any one of those as any of the ships that specialize in those tasks (c.f. Lightning for fixed guns, Rapier for secondaries, Courier for cargo). This balancing is done by limiting its gun slots, cargo space, and speed.

The Clipper is cool. Whenever I got one I'd go and try to take down pirates with Clippers.

I'm referring to the clipper in classic (The clipper and rapier sure look like fighters)

Also, my defender can dodge laser blasts and missiles, but I still haven't figured out how to attack without getting blown up.

This post has been edited by V3N0M : 17 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

I still haven't figured out how to attack without getting blown up.

You can't 😉