Too Much of a Good Thing?

Grammar Nazi. 😉 🙂

Well, he wanted us to criticize his descs, and most surprising, he says he's a communications major so HE should be the nazi :).

This post has been edited by Coral : 27 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

❤

Thanks tons Coral! Even though most people probably wouldn't catch these, they really do make for a much more polished plug! I'll get to work right away!

I also struggled with the MIRV designation, but since one of my favorite space-based games of all time (Master of Orion II) used that term, I figured it was good enough for me. I do like MAVM though, would you mind if I borrowed it? 😉

(edit) I typed most of these dëscs in MC, and it looks like I've found a bit of a bug in it. I did actually use a double hyphen several times by hitting option followed by the hyphen key (–). But apparently Nova and ResEdit don't recognize this stroke, so it was replaced by a single hyphen. Also, "faad" was spelled "façade," but apparently they don't recognize that crazy French c either. I'll need to keep this in mind.

This post has been edited by Archon : 27 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

Funny, I though Nova did recognise fancy characters. However Win Nova definitely won't so it's not a good idea to use them anyway.

Ah, that would be the problem. I'll refrain from using them from now on. Thanks for pointing that out Guy!

Yeah, use MAVM if you want :).

@archon, on Aug 27 2007, 03:58 PM, said in Too Much of a Good Thing?:

I typed most of these dëscs in MC, and it looks like I've found a bit of a bug in it. I did actually use a double hyphen several times by hitting option followed by the hyphen key (–). But apparently Nova and ResEdit don't recognize this stroke, so it was replaced by a single hyphen. Also, "faad" was spelled "façade," but apparently they don't recognize that crazy French c either.

Is this the released MissionComputer 3, or the 4.0 alpha? If it’s the latter, I may need to add some more text-encoding convertors.

I'm using 3 still. Upon re-opening the resources with MC3, the double-hyphens and "ç" were there, so it looks like a Mac-Windows problem after all.

Hey, Archon, since you're so good at nice long descriptions and mission offers, would you like to help me with mine? All of mine completly suck, they're something like twenty characters on average.

Haha, I was wondering how on earth this got dredged up! :laugh:

To answer your question, sure! I can't promise speedy results since I'm back at college and working on Anathema and possibly Nebula, but if you send me the missions and general storyboard so I can get an idea for what's going on, I'd be happy to! Just send them to bmartin2009@gmail.com

Okay, thanks! It's not a very good plug, but take your time, I'm not in any rush.

As Cosmic Nusiance (correct spelling is Nu is ance) can testify, I am also a Grammar Nazi. In fact, my përs in Cosmic's upcoming plug reflects that. Want me to give your beta a complete grammar check? That would be all that I plan to do, as I can't bring myself to become the evil Bureau leader. :ninja:

I understand this post is probably late, but this is the first time I really read this thread.

This post has been edited by Geek : 12 September 2007 - 05:50 AM