Tour of Duty

Just four more.

@pace, on Aug 29 2007, 02:46 AM, said in Tour of Duty:

Just four more.

HOW?!?!?!?!?! nusiance practically explodes trying to figure out how pace pulls this off

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 29 2007, 03:59 PM, said in Tour of Duty:

HOW?!?!?!?!?! nusiance practically explodes trying to figure out how pace pulls this off

My guess: They were leftovers when everything was said and done.

Well, you can do what I'm doing for Anathema too and take missions that would be somehow exclusive with the Nebula string and overwrite them in your plug. I'll probably be destroying the Auroran string since I've used up mďsn IDs 943-1054 with 1127 being the upper limit (as far as I know). If Nebula's going to be just an introduction that can lead to whatever storyline you want though, that isn't an option unless you want to purposefully bar the player from getting a particular string. Maybe the Pirate string, since it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense from my understanding of Nebula. Or the Special Klavs missions like launching the exploration probe, cunjo hunting, Space Debris (who does those missions anyways?:p) et al. Failing that, you can always just get rid of say one Sigma delivery, one passenger mission, one cargo mission, one United Shipping mission, etc.; just cut corners that nobody will notice have been cut.

Maybe the Bounty Hunter or Wild Geese sub-strings could bite the dust too.

It's just that mďsns 901 through 904 are used by Nova to remind players to register. However, once a player has registered, he/she can used plug-ins (which isn't possible beforehand).
Therefore, in a plug-in, you can use up Nova's mďsns 901 through 904 because they're not used for registered players.

Therefore there's plenty of space: mďsns 901 through 904 and 919 through 1127. That's over 200 mďsn resources. I think you'll have to make it really big (as big as ARPIA2) to fill up all that 😉

But seriously, do not overwrite the others until you've actually filled all those free slots. I think you're all overestimating your plugs. I know I found out the limit only once I'd written three storylines and a bunch of miscellaneous and bonus missions 😛

This post has been edited by Pace : 30 August 2007 - 01:35 AM

Don't forget missions that are used for non-mission purposes though. I probably have 25-30 "actual" missions, and another 80 or so doing junk behind the scenes. But you're right, an actual 200 visible missions would be quite a challenge without massive branching options, which are quite a challenge so there you have it I guess

Mine must not be as complex as yours. I only have three or four silent missions. Then again, I don't have to allot funds.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 01 September 2007 - 09:06 PM