Weapons Plug

@--kaoz--, on Aug 4 2007, 06:32 PM, said in Weapons Plug:

When boredom striketh, things like this get made.
It was originally intended to be the PSG1 Light Fighter, but I didn't feel like resizing all the frames, so it's now the PSG1 Battlecruiser.
LEGO FTW! This will be included in the final version of my plug.

Very nice. Wouldn't want one of those on my tail. "Captain, we just lost the main engine!" "Well, stick it back on!"

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 05 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 5 2007, 12:11 PM, said in Weapons Plug:

"Captain, we just lost the main engine!" "Well, stick it back on!"

I lol'd.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use animated .gifs with spinapp, therefore getting animated projectiles?

Uh, gifs are only 8-bit. That's really not something you want to do, even if spinapp could do that (which I don't think it can). If you really wanted to you'd have to find some program to split it up into a bunch of individual images.

The closest thing to that would be to make an animation instead of a spin and set the weapon's flags to "spin continuously." An example would be the Fusion Pulse. You can't have, say, an animated missile, though.

Well, it's been a while, and I figure it's time for another progress report. Since I last talked to you all, I have done the following:

---===(ADDITIONS)===---
-added the Shock Cannon (shoots nice, big, solid explosives)
-added a small space station in the Konstrukt system to sell some special stuff
-added engine outfits to the space station (boost speed and acceleration)
-added the EI Drive (a cooler version of the Inertial Damper)
-added paint outfits, just 'cause
-added crew member outfits (elite marine, engineer, nav/com officer, propulsion technician)
-added the Spun Carbon Hull (just for you, Warlord)

---===(CHANGES)===---
-tweaked the PSG1, now it's basically ready to go
-redid the Electric Hull graphics (let's face it, the last one sucked)
-tweaked some of the missile graphics
-Hunter-Killer launcher now enables you to target cloaked ships manually
-tweaked the stats on some of the beam weapons
-reduced the jagged-ness of the Telsa Coil
-fixed the RIDs of the Assault and Anti-Fighter droids

That's about it for now. As soon as I add in a couple missing outfitter PICTs I will upload another beta plug.

Sweet!

This will handily be replacing PlugPack v17 when it's released.

I shall thoroughly test (and comment on) it as well.

Any plans to make a Ship Expansion Plug? Because I've got two-and-a-half metric craploads of ideas for that venture.

At any rate, I shall look forward to it, sir!

EDIT: Realized that it may not necessarily be tomorrow when it becomes available (nor does it have to be).

This post has been edited by Warlord Mike : 14 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

Update:

-added the Gunner crew member
-added the Anti-Ballistic Missile (point defense missile, looks cool)
-added some new maneuvering parts to the engine upgrade/paint shop

Another beta is up. I think there might still be some bugs in the PSG1, but other than that I think I've got everything. I know my freehand art sucks, so I will be replacing it with 3D graphics as soon as I get something running on my new computer. Enjoy. Download

Looks nice. I like the explosions. Maybe not the best graphics, but everything is innovative and creative. Two thumbs up. Cosmic approves.

I know my freehand art sucks, so I will be replacing it with 3D graphics as soon as I get something running on my new computer.

Don't worry, the good graphics will come. My laptop isn't powerful enough to model easily, and I haven't gotten any modeling programs running on my new computer yet.

I'd really appreciate it if more people started downloading and commenting on this. I'd like to get any major bugs fixed, and if anyone has good ideas for new weapons, add them also.

If I wasn't busy with my other projects and college, I'd take a look at it.

Spelling errors: My goodness gracious.

Just to name a few:

Bussines -> Business (on the new Station)
Altough -> Although (Recoil Cannon Desc.)

Antimatter Cannon Desc.:
Balistic -> Ballistic
Stabalization ->Stabilization
Devestating -> Devastating

I hate to be so picky, Kaoz, but man...my eyes are about to bleed from the errors.

As for the graphics: They'll do. The Recoil Cannons look pretty cool, actually.

The engineers: I like what you've done, but I think people were expecting something like PlugPack V16/V17 where you need to buy crew quarters first (each weighs 5 tons, and only 10 are allowed max. Also unsellable once installed). Same thing for officers. I haven't tested the weapons yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Kind of a bug: Bureau Ships are in the system. I don't know if it was intentional you put them in or not, but Bureau is ALWAYS flagged to attack the player so uh...probably shouldn't have 'em.

Humm... Just downloaded and opened. Three items:

#1: Looks promising
#2: Coming along nicely
#3: Love the explosion

And as a side note, let there be 3-5 Betas at this rate.

@Warlord, yea, I never actually claimed to be good at spelling. If you want to, I would love it if you were to do a spell-check for me. And the Bureau ships are there to give the player something to blow away without worrying about legal penalties (I'm thinking of making some missions for The Syndicate once the plug is finished). I didn't use pirates because I would rather have pirates get shot down by the planets.

I will be happy to spell-check for you, Kaoz.

One last little complaint: I love the fact that you've put in Spun Carbon, but as it stands currently, it seems a tad bit...exorbitant.

It costs 20 million just when you buy it as a shuttle. Currently, I own an 1160 N.C. IDA Frigate, and just to upgrade THAT, it takes 520 million credits. If it costs that much to upgrade the frigate, then, short of cheating, there's no way that you can get enough money to pay for it; at least quickly. You most assuredly could NEVER get enough for this to work with a Cambrian, or a Leviathan, even if you did cheat (I haven't tested, but I have a hunch that it'll cost in the mid- to high-billion mark, and you can only have something like 1.6 billion credits at any one time).

Suggestion: tone down the cost per ton(s) by one order of magnitude (in other words, drop the price down by a power of ten (or, simpler still, reduce the price per ton(s) so that instead of costing 20 million as a shuttle, it'll cost 2 million (and so on). Still expensive, but slightly more doable)).

I endeavor to be of assistance sir, and I hope this info helps. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to make this more achievable, do you?

EDIT: One last thing: I've bought the Carbon (by aid of a cheat), but I've noticed that the mass increase is strangely absent. Probably something that needs to be fixed.

This post has been edited by Warlord Mike : 25 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

520 million, you say? I do believe I added an extra zero. Well, that and the mass issue seem to be fixed now. Carry on.

For your next upload you should compres the file rather than uploading the .rez file so it downloads quicker. I also found some bugs:

1.The PSG1 hasn't got box 5A set in the contribute/require fields so you can't buy nearly everything.
2.Nearly all the engine resources have the wrong desc.
3.Although this ones purely cosmetic I thought you might like to know that the PSG1's blaster weapons only fire out of the right side of the ship and the middle which can look a bit odd.
And finally as far as I'm concerned you should make some of weapon sprites smaller (like the hammer of dawn or whatever that big weapon there are only 4 of is called) as they look a bit obtrusive.

This post has been edited by egroeg5 : 26 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

One last thing, Kaoz: you can buy multiple kits of Spun Carbon. I don't think that's supposed to be possible, because how can you rebuilt something that's already been rebuilt out of the same material? It should be kinda like most of the Sigma Upgrades: you can only get one kit.