3d editing help

tutorials?

hi everybody,
I'm new to plug-in making and have just made my first ship in Ev Nova using Mission Computer and Appleworks 6 as my ship designing program. I heard about the free 3D editing programs, such as Wings 3D and Blender, so I tried them, but there isn't really any instruction invovled, so I have no idea how to use it. So I was wondering if any1 had any tutorials on how to use those programs, or perhaps another 3D editing program that is free or cheap, as well as how to convert or render the design I make with that editing program into the Ev Nova PICT style.

Thanks!

The creators of wings have a website complete with instructions and tutorials.

http://www.wings3d.com/tutorials.php

hope that helps.

--BP

The blender website has a tutorial section. Tutorialized also has some blender tutorials. There's a guide on the add-on pages called TutorialsInS or something like that which covers getting ships into a Nova plug.

I also found the Wikibook for Blender very helpful... Blender 3D: Noob to Pro
I learned Blender in a matter of days and now I can create basically anything that involves some geometric base 🙂 I'm still learning curves and paths, but it's rather easy. I really recommend that wikibook and then just go wild! Model anything around your house, from chairs to cups to your PC... Practice makes perfect!