Great sidebar graphic!

Up for grabs!

I had some freetime so I put together a Sigma Shipyards sidebar. I don't have time to make a plugin out of it, so I'm releasing it to the general public. Here's a little preview:

Attached File SigmaHUD.gif (60.51K)
Number of downloads: 72

Anyway, just post if you want it or PM me and I'll send it to you. Now I must force myself to get work done on Nebula: D.O.A. I want to debug mission bits... I love to debug mission bits... I will hum rhythmically while debugging mission bits... hmmm hmmm hmmm...

Nice! I can't use it, but nice anyway.

Hmm, it's nice looking too, though I suggest you might want to put a big "M" in the bottom part of the interface

@coraxus, on Aug 19 2007, 04:58 PM, said in Great sidebar graphic!:

Hmm, it's nice looking too, though I suggest you might want to put a big "M" in the bottom part of the interface

An M? Whatever for?

The newer version:

Attached File SigmaHUD.gif (58.49K)
Number of downloads: 43

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 19 2007, 03:15 PM, said in Great sidebar graphic!:

An M? Whatever for?

The Capital "Sigma" looks like an "M" turned on its side. That's probably what he's getting at. 😉

@warlord-mike, on Aug 19 2007, 06:20 PM, said in Great sidebar graphic!:

The Capital "Sigma" looks like an "M" turned on its side. That's probably what he's getting at. 😉

What do you mean by "the capitol sigma"?

Do you mean the Epsilon sign? I think that's just the on the Epsilon class shuttle.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 19 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

The capital greek letter 'sigma' is the Sigma Shipyards logo and is seen on the side of their Shuttles: Σ
(that's not epsilon)

This post has been edited by Guy : 19 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

I guess I need to brush up on my greek LOL. How's this?

Attached File SigmaHUD.gif (58.43K)
Number of downloads: 52

That looks alright, but maybe you should make it look like it's engraved and it looks like it's in a font called Times New Roman, which looks like this.

Just puttin' forward ideas here.

I can't decide. They both look so good... :unsure:

Times you want, Times you get:

Attached File SigmaHUDTimes.gif (57.82K)
Number of downloads: 69

I prefer that last one.

Well it isn't Time New Roman but it is a serif font. It's difficult to find a serif font which makes it symmetrical though. Are you on a Mac? Try a font called Batang. And make it dark blue.

@guy, on Aug 19 2007, 09:26 PM, said in Great sidebar graphic!:

Well it isn't Time New Roman but it is a serif font. It's difficult to find a serif font which makes it symmetrical though. Are you on a Mac? Try a font called Batang. And make it dark blue.

Actually it is Times New Roman, I just did some custom aging and messed around with the layer mask.

That latest display looks awesome. I think you've got a winner here, CN. Good work!

Bah, if only it was for more general use...

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 20 2007, 03:15 PM, said in Great sidebar graphic!:

Actually it is Times New Roman, I just did some custom aging and messed around with the layer mask.

Sorry, I meant the font used in Nova is not Times New Roman. I don't doubt that you used Times New Roman in your pic 😉

This post has been edited by Guy : 20 August 2007 - 02:15 AM

I would suggest removing the "Sigma Shipyards" bit. It doesn't seem to look right.

Hmm, I think the Sigma letter should be a bit bigger and dominate most of the bottom part somehow.

@mastae, on Aug 20 2007, 08:16 AM, said in Great sidebar graphic!:

I would suggest removing the "Sigma Shipyards" bit. It doesn't seem to look right.

Ok. I'll see what I can do. I would like to at least have a Sigma Shipyards bit somewhere, but I agree with you 100%.

∑ Enlargement is on it's way!