Help/Beta Testing

I'm making a level set, but I need beta testers. (E-mail me at mulletsailors@yahoo.com)

I also need some help for the backgrounds of the second level; Unfortunately, I made it too big, so none of the backgrounds that come with the game fit. Can I make a custom background w/ ResEdit or something? I don't want to start changing anything outside of my level set like the Backgrounds file, though.

I was also trying to make a background like Purple Haze (just an alternative). However, I couldn't get it to work. I kept copying level info and pasting level info, but it just screwed it up more. Anyone proficient at backgrounds please e-mail me too so I can send you my levels.

------------------
If only there were cheese slices in Ferazel's Wand...

I'd be glad to beta test for you. For the background for purple haze, the bottom purple thing's ID is 348 and the background's ID is 357. You shouldn't always copy and paste. You can always just type. I did that once and I screwed up my level! For the too-big-for-level thing, I think you should ask Spamguy. He made a level so big, that the red thing was just a dot on the level map. That's all I have to say that helps you. I'll say this again:
I'd be glad to beta test for you.

--------------------
I smash and shatter and kill and destroy and stab things...

...with an Ice pick.

------------------

The issue at hand is not cropping the BG image so it will fit the level. The image must be able to do parallax scrolling properly; i.e., the bottom should scroll faster than the top to create a depth effect. Trying any old image will yield seriously disappointing, if not ugly, results. Since no prior knowledge was handed down to us from Ben, the only one who knew what he was doing with parallax, we are essentially blind. Heavy R&D; will be needed to figure out how to do it right and make it aesthetically pleasing.

Sorry.

------------------
Greetings - I am your friendly neighborhood moderator. Over the coming years I shall force-feed you my biased one-sided liberal tripe that I find truthful based upon my own faulty and fragmented logic; excessive smileys 🙂 🙂 🙂 and bizarre TexT! formatting also help clarify my inane points. Welcome to the boards!

Hey spamguy- What level is that (the huge one)? Is it in Extempertaneous (I can't spell that)? If it is, I'll look at it with MASCOT and see how you did it.

Ice-
I also tried those numbers instead of copying, but it just went crazy. I thought it might be the level info/flags, but that didn't work. I'll try it again anyway.

------------------
If only there were cheese slices in Ferazel's Wand...

Extemporaneous 0.3, the version I imagine you're playing, has no extremely large levels. The Kingdom of Queen Mab and The Gaunlet are the size of the Labryinth, however. I wish I was smarter when it comes to programming and MASCOT.

------------------
Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? A this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
Skinner: Yes.
Chalmers: May I see it?
Skinner: No.

Extemporaneous is the high-quality production of Emporer Ent, not of me. My world is Basic Nothingness 0.3. I imagine the level Ice is referring to is "Mr. Man's Mean Bastard Level." Nevertheless, it is not hard to make your level look deceptively large in MASCOT. Simply use dimensions that require MASCOT to scale the macro view down a bit. Another thing is that some levels, even Ben's, extend past the horizontal length maximum, creating undesirable effects. Ben had to cut the level "Hangnabit" short, although a lot of excess stuff still exists past the level exit if you check. I did this too in MMMBL if you hack that level...you'll see lots of stuff that you don't actually use.

------------------
Greetings - I am your friendly neighborhood moderator. Over the coming years I shall force-feed you my biased one-sided liberal tripe that I find truthful based upon my own faulty and fragmented logic; excessive smileys 🙂 🙂 🙂 and bizarre TexT! formatting also help clarify my inane points. Welcome to the boards!