Planet

I'm rather pleased with it...

Hi everyone. It's me again. Here's a Class M planet that I just made in about an hour. It's my first try at a green planet, not to mention one with oceans.

It's mighty scaled down, so it won't be nearly as detailed.
Attached File ClassM.jpg (61.72K)
Number of downloads: 57

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 13 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

It's very good!
The only thing I would change a bit is the clouds layer, they are somewhat vague. I think a more detailed layer would stand out more.

You might also want to experiment with a brownish layer for mountain areas, would do really well on your planet.

Keep it up!

P.S. what are those white markings in the shadow side?

@reinierk, on Aug 14 2007, 02:46 AM, said in Planet:

It's very good!
The only thing I would change a bit is the clouds layer, they are somewhat vague. I think a more detailed layer would stand out more.

You might also want to experiment with a brownish layer for mountain areas, would do really well on your planet.

Keep it up!

P.S. what are those white markings in the shadow side?

Yeah, the clouds didn't turn out too good. The white markings are supposed to be city lights.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 14 2007, 12:10 PM, said in Planet:

Yeah, the clouds didn't turn out too good. The white markings are supposed to be city lights.

**I think the graphic itself is fantastic. The only problem may be that you have two different ideas here. The well-lit sides of the planet seem to suggest it is a rather unspoiled, habitable world, whereas seeing the perfectly circular lights of two cities in the darkness would make it appear much more like Coruscant or planets of the like; entirely or mainly covered by cities. Also, the fact that those city lights appear so vividly without any others of varying brightness makes it seem as though those cities are the only two on the planet.

I'd love to see the render without the cities, because as I said before the planet looks great. The inconsistency of the surface is the only thing bringing it down.

_bomb

That's really good. How do you do that?