Colosseum TC needs your graphic skills

For it is in Beta

Ever wanted to contribute graphical work to a total conversion that you know will be released? How but one that can honestly say in the near future? Say, how about one that if it said, "It'll be done by the end of summer" would probably be way overestimating the amount of time required to finish it? This is your chance! After a very difficult decision, Colosseum TC is going to be much smaller than planned, but still a full fledged TC, capable of standing on its own (many thanks to its unique nature). It is presently in full fledged beta, which means I need people who are willing to make graphics. The load is light and "better-than-Nova" is hardly required. If you can at least make something of EVO quality, then I'll be happy to let you help. Oh, and did I say the load is light? Indeed it is! These are all the resources I need done. And its not even much!

*Four ships, complete with in-game sprites, engine glows, targeting picts, and shipyard graphics. Any other effects, such as banking, is optional.

*About fourteen weapon sprites (might go up or down just a little bit)

*About 80 outfitters picts (rough guess without browing every single outfit, probably the biggest portion, may go up or down by just a little bit, something like +/- five. Also note that the ones currently used can just be rerendered to 200x200, which would save alot of time for everyone involved.) (Already got an offer for help with this, but since its 2-3 times as big as everything else I need, might could use more help.)

*The title screen (I already have the logo covered)

*At most ten spobs, which will include 1 planet (with landing pict), 3 stations (with landing picts), 1 hypergate , 1 star, and 1 misc spob (a sort of jamming device).

*1-3 types of asteroids. (I can do without these, but it would be nice to have them.)

~~*About three-five explosions, though I can get away with what I'm currently using

*The menu screen

*At least one interface, though one for each ship would be nice if you're willing~~

*All dialogue and similiar boxes (not neccesarily adjusting their shape)

*1 news network picture, maybe two if you want to do a second

*All gambling pictures

*1 mouse cursor (is it even possible to have more?)

That about covers it. Yea, written out it does look like alot, especially the outfits section, but then think about how many graphics in the same areas a TC like SFA needs.

Alright, not only am I trying to get people to join the project, but I'll also accept any graphics you may just wish to contribute that you already have. Every little bit helps, and I need all the help I can get in getting graphics finished. I'm not limiting the amount of people who want to join to make graphics to a specific number, though if by some miracle I get a ton of volunteers I'll have to put a cut-off point.

And remember, this may be the only chance you have to get your work into a soon-to-be-released TC in years. There is no telling how long any of the others may take.

Oh yes, if you want to help or contribute, either post here or PM me.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 22 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

What sort of planet do you need? Because the ones that look like they could support life are my worst nightmares. Practically any other planet I could do. But not a class M planet.

Pretty much any kind will do, as the planet is going to be OurSpielish in nature. You can make some crazy world if you'd like, just nothing that looks totally barren.

Edit: Got an offer to do ships and weapon shots, so those have been scratched through.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 12 April 2007 - 12:33 PM

Something OurSpeilish in nature and nothing too barren. Hmm... I will warn you that I can't do landscapes, you'll have to find somebody else to do those I guess.

Perhaps ask Arion about re-use of graphics from his "Miners" TC. Heck, you could even go beyond that and create an interesting hybrid TC.

I'm sending you a second graphics source idea via PM.... I don't want to start a run on an almost-always-overlooked source until you've had a chance at it. :ninja: πŸ™‚

I've sent off a PM containing a planet I thought would work in CTC to you, Josh. πŸ™‚

@jacabyte, on Apr 12 2007, 10:42 AM, said in Colosseum TC needs your graphic skills:

Something OurSpeilish in nature and nothing too barren. Hmm... I will warn you that I can't do landscapes, you'll have to find somebody else to do those I guess.

I can do a landing picture if you do the planet.

I've already done the planet. Whew, that was quick. As if somebody had hit the Easy button. πŸ˜„

@JTH, should I PM GSN the planet or will you PM him the planet so you can tell him what to do with the landscape?

Go ahead and PM it to him. My network is slow and really hates it when I attempt to upload anything, or even try to post linked pictures. I can't wait to see how it looks in-game.

And answering your question in the thread on the Nova board, I don't know, I haven't tried it in awhile. I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I'm on a much more reliable network.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 12 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

Alrighty, I'll go do that...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 06 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

Its nice being able to use more strikethrough mark-up on that top post. πŸ™‚

Hate to double post, but edits don't bump threads...

I could still use some help if theres anyone out there willing, especially with the outfits section, thats the biggest portion of the graphic work still. And if its because you don't want to work on a "might not be released" project, don't worry. If all goes as planned, I could be ready for beta testing by the end of the week. With only one final exam thats in a "non-memorization class", to use my professor's own words, on Wednesday, I got so much free time thinking about it makes me sick, so for once Real LifeΒ™ won't really be able to interfere as it normally does.

If I had any graphic skills whatsoever, I'd lend them, but I don't. I'll just say "Good Luck" and ask to be on the Beta. Again.

Hm. I actually have a hypergate animation on my HD in blender-file format. I think you might be able to use it. I'll have to adjust it a little.

@crusader-alpha, on May 7 2007, 07:17 PM, said in Colosseum TC needs your graphic skills:

Hm. I actually have a hypergate animation on my HD in blender-file format. I think you might be able to use it. I'll have to adjust it a little.

Thanks, every little bit helps. And seeing your stuff from Dark Star lets me know its going to look good. πŸ™‚

Mind if I post it here, or would you rather I PM it to you?

Whichever you prefer. Though if you post it here other people could concievably use it as well.

I don't mind if they do, but in case you want it just for CTC, I'll just PM you. I'll attach a PICT file and the .avi, if I can fit the .avi on the message.

I might be able to whip up a pic or two for the news screen. I just need to know what I should put in for text.

Thanks Alpha.

News screens? One of them needs to be from "Colosseum News Network". The other one can be from any made up news network, just so long as its nothing strange. There aren't any aliens or weird cultures in this TC after all.

Edit: Anyone wanting to do outfits, since one person requested it, I now have a specific list of what kind of outfits I need if anyone is interested.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 08 May 2007 - 03:50 PM