Mission not showing up

For no good reason

A series of missions are not showing up for no real reason in Colosseum TC. They are set up like so many others, but they refuse to appear, even when set to 100%. Everyone who has reached this point has pilots that meet or exceed the mission's requirements. This is what it has...

Legal Record: 0
Combat Rating: 0
Random Factor 50%
Player Cannot Refuse the Mission
Ship Type: Ignored
Require: 00000001 00000000 (all fighters contribute this and all missions require it)
Cargo Type: -1
Cargo Quanitity: -1
Pick-up/Drop-off Cargo: Ignored
Fails if player is disabled or destroyed
Offered at planet 128's mainspaceport (Colosseum Station)
Return to "Where Mission Began"
Time Limit: -1
Can be aborted
Offer Mission if: b20
When player accepts:
When player refuses:
When the mission completed: !b20 b21
When player fails: b20
When player aborts:
When player completes special ship objective

Strangely enough, someone made a plug that duplicated the mission, but only changed its ID and put it in the BBS and it the mission shows up just fine. If it matters, the original mission I.D. is 192, the new one is 1100. It can't be the Spaceport causing it, because the next mission afterwards, which appears in the BBS, isn't showing up. Any ideas on what's going on?

@joshtigerheart, on Jun 15 2007, 06:26 PM, said in Mission not showing up:

Strangely enough, someone made a plug that duplicated the mission, but only changed its ID and put it in the BBS and it the mission shows up just fine. If it matters, the original mission I.D. is 192, the new one is 1100. It can't be the Spaceport causing it, because the next mission afterwards, which appears in the BBS, isn't showing up. Any ideas on what's going on?

No, that's not what I did. I created a new blank mission and copied the fields from the bad mission to the new mission with my eyes and a keyboard. Though I suspect the mission ID doesn't matter, I'll play around with that thought. Tomorrow.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 15 June 2007 - 07:34 PM

I think that's gonna have to be left to you and your beta testers to solve. There's not a lot anyone else can do without looking at the plug. I'm sure Jaca can handle it though 😉

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can handle the problem by myself. But it looks like today is going to be pretty busy, I'll have to start on the other missions tomorrow or Monday.

This issue has been solved. So, never put -1 in the legal status requirement field. I put zero in the mission information because, like all the other resources, I thought -1 = 0. Won't make that mistake again. Jaca was the one who spotted it. I didn't notice it, even after staring long and hard at every single field in the mission resource.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 19 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

Now there'd be an interesting mix, making it so the player doesn't get offered a certain mission unless he is hated by the government where he is trying to get the mission from. Certainly makes me think about using it for making smuggling or piracy missions. In Nova, you're always the good guy, but anyone know if there has been a plug done where you're the bad guy?

@razzle-storm, on Jun 19 2007, 10:06 AM, said in Mission not showing up:

(...) In Nova, you're always the good guy...

Looks at Fed. Storyline

I beg to differ.

But on the subject of piracy missions, I do not believe it has been done before.

Right.

It's been awhile.