Dealing with light colors

Ok, I'm haveing some problems dealing with light colors.

Particuarly transparency effects, system backgrounds, and outfiter/shipyard backgrounds.

I haven't found a way to change the text color for items in the outfiter/shipyard. This can be a problem for light backrounds.
And on that note, I changed the pic for the outfitter to have a white background, and it did nothing - the background was still black, yet I could still see some of the other changes to that pic.

Now, is there a way to make Nova NOT use it's 'transparency' effect on cursors, target brackets, engine glows, running lights, stars, etc...?
The problem is that it overlays the graphic using an additive (or mutiplicative) function instead of simply drawing the sprite as is.
The upshot is that black is impossible and all other colors become white if on a white background. And for backgrounds not completely white, the sprites still can not get darker than the background.

Finally, would it be possible to hack some of these changes by making resources to overwrite areas of Nova that aren't normally changed?
e.g. to change the color value of default text, or the replace the 'transparency' routine.

@desprez, on Jun 12 2007, 05:40 PM, said in Dealing with light colors:

Finally, would it be possible to hack some of these changes by making resources to overwrite areas of Nova that aren't normally changed?
e.g. to change the color value of default text, or the replace the 'transparency' routine.

Heh, good luck. Make sure to let us know if you do find anything 🙂