SGN looking for help

The analogies are funny as... 🙂

Thanks AlphaKiller for the pledge.

what we need really right now are any devot stargate fans who like me own every season on dvd and download the latest as soon as they come out... along with many other shows that don't get played in Australia.

people well versed on the back story to help with tidying up descriptions and cannonity would be welcome, especially for descriptions of places.

It seems we may not need that many graphics designers.

It seems Lostpinky found a website completely devoted to the creation of sci-fi themed 3D models. They have a bunch of Star Wars, Star Trek, and a few Matrix themed models, in addition to Stargate models. All we have to do is obtain the models, spin them correctly, and include the creators of the model in our credits (in addition to obtaining permission to use the models, however I don't think anyone will mind).

For everyone making Star Wars or Star Trek models, or just anyone who is curious, I give you Scifi Meshes!

This post has been edited by scienceguy8 : 16 February 2007 - 08:56 AM

awesome!

what format are they in? What program would we have to download if we wanted to use them?

It depends. Each person who uses Scifi Meshes uses different pieces of 3D software, but most of them also export their models as .obj or other files that almost any 3D software can read.

Just to be perfectly clear: it is common courtesy to ask someone before you start using his or her artwork in your plug-in.

Also, the need for graphics artists for Stargate Nova has not been eliminated. Even with the graphics, we still need people to spin them, and in some cases make modifications to the models for different plot and gameplay reasons. There are also the outfitter pictures and menus that need to be taken care of, however, they do not need to be done just yet, and probably should not be done at this time.

Just to let people know, this is not vaporware. Lost Minds Incorporated is still developing the Stargate Nova Total Conversion.

We have made some progress since the last post. We have also made some updates to the website. Check out the Races section in the comming days to learn more about the allied and enemy factions in Stargate Nova.

As usual, if anyone wants to join, contact Lostpinky.

If any of you have been trying to get to lostmindsinc.com, you may have noticed that its down. I have no idea why, but I will be contacting Lost to find out. Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Stargate: Nova.

Hey all,

As stated above the website www.lostmindsinc.com is down at the moment...

A dispute with my hosting company about having paid my reseller fees has the account suspended which my customers are not happy about, hopefully it will be resolved by the end of this week 15/04/07.

Meanwhile progress has been a bit slow for us, scienceguy is studying hard and I'm working three jobs and planning for a wedding we're both hoping to get some time in a couple of weeks to hammer out a few things.

We also hope to have an alpha ready for download by the beginning of 2008.

Hey all,

website is back up

thanks

Attention, attention! Now here this! The Stargate Nova Webboard is now open to the public! If you have something to say, a suggestion to make, or would just like to talk about Stargate or anything else for that matter, go over to www.lostmindsinc.com and click on the Forum button to your left.

Hey All this is a call out to developers who are Stargate fans and capable of writing, i'm looking for some help spinning ideas for the other 3 major factions the Jaffa, Tok'ra, and Asgard missions, as we have already got the Tau'ri going and are implementing the missions into the game at the moment.

please head over to http://www.lostmindsinc.com for more info.

Outfitter graphics i'm managing to do myself i've got a template i'm happy with, weapon graphics (sprites) need some work, thats the same as the ships i've just incorporated 2d models as i ain't got the time to sit a learn 3d modelling programs.

The galaxy is shaping up nicely and the mock battels i've been spending hours running around with Daedelus knocking out entire fleets of goa'uld with rail guns and nukes in Sol is fun.

Things are progressing at a good rate and we will hopefully have a teaser/alpha within 6 months.