3/4 View

What angle should you render from?

I've made quite a few spins for an upcoming TC, but I rendered them at the wrong angle. I thought that they were 3/4 view, but apparently not. Could you help me out?

If it's a TC, you can render them at whatever view you want, as long as they're all rendered the same way.

No, because the weapon ports won't stay aligned.

What's wrong with UpCompress X/Y and DownCompress X/Y?

Edit: never mind.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 01 June 2007 - 01:04 PM

@jacabyte, on Jun 1 2007, 10:01 AM, said in 3/4 View:

What's wrong with UpCompress X/Y and DownCompress X/Y?

How does that work?

UpCompressX
UpCompressY
DnCompressX
DnCompressY

If you have shďp sprites that are rendered at an angle, these fields are used to correct for the ships perspective when calculating the weapon exit points (above). If the shďp is pointing generally "up" (heading is 0-90 or 270-359) then UpCompressX/Y are used; if the shďp is pointing generally "down" (heading is 91-269 degrees) then DnCompressX/Y are used. These values are divided by 100 and then multiplied by the rotated x & y values in the weapon exit point fields to apply a rough correction factor, so values less that 100 will bring the exit points in closer to the shďp and values greater than 100 will move the exit points farther out. Experimentation is the best way to learn how this works. Values of zero are interpreted the same as a value of 100, so you can leave this field set to zero if unused.