My Quasi-TC's name

Cows with Guns: The Mu Wars

(I realise it's pronounced 'mew' not 'moo' but we can twist it a bit, right? ;))

This post has been edited by Guy : 17 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

<--- Hey, what does this mean? 'Satu'....

@prophile, on May 17 2007, 06:09 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Experiment with other Greek letters.

Pi Wars.
Mu Wars.
Lambda Wars.

No thanks.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on May 17 2007, 06:13 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Cows with Guns. You should build a TC around that name 🙂

Eh, I'll give it a reference in EVTOW (or whatever the heck I'm gonna call this thing...). You know, like a sci-fi movie, or a documentary, or something, kinda like "Jaws 538" or whatever it was in EVN. ("'Cows with Guns: Udder Destruction,' the true story of the Beef Massacre of 4257")

I've already got planned some good 'cameo' references: General Smart has extensive knowledge of the Monty Python Maneuver, including the origins of its name.

Maybe I'll have some influential Board users flying around or being in some minor way involved in the story.

("This is Captain Josh of the 'Tiger Heart'....)

("Federation Listening Post 1500 has been seized by one crazy individual named 'Mike' who has assumed the title of Warlord. His only demand seems to be a pencil with an unbreakable point.")

("A little green creature (probably a goblin from 'Runner' in the 'Home Star' system) brings you your drink; his name tag reads 'Guy,' oddly enough....)

😉 😛 😄 As you can probably guess, I'm rather enjoying myself.

I'll have to think of ways to implement 'Aelron,' 'Pace,' 'JacaByte,' and 'Zacha Pedro' into little cameos like that. They answered a lot of my early questions in the main thread. There are probably a few others.

Josh, Mike, and Guy have just been around forever as far as my TC goes. Guy had the first ever post on its thread, Josh had about 4 posts per page, and Mike had a fair amount of posts, too, as well as coming up with some good names and, as I've mentioned before, correctly identifying me as an "evil, evil person," though he failed to specify that I am an "evil, evil genius." 😄 😉 😛

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 17 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

Escape Velocity: Breaking Point sounds really badass.

@starbridge21, on May 17 2007, 07:08 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

<--- Hey, what does this mean? 'Satu'....

Satu means you have made 100 posts on the Ambroisa board. Refer to this topic for more info.

@crow-t--robot, on May 17 2007, 09:53 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Satu means you have made 100 posts on the Ambroisa board. Refer to this topic for more info.

Cool, thanks....(Indonesian?...any particular reason?)

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 17 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

Personally of the options listed so far, I prefer Armageddon. Omega carries the implications of something that is trying to be "cool" and really isn't dark enough to go with the anhilitation of all life. Whereas Armageddon makes those implications, suggests total destruction. Not to mention Armageddon is much more easily recognizable as, to put it lightly, a very violent ending. Only about half the people I've spoken to even know that Omega can refer to the end. Also worth noting, Omega doesn't necessarily point towards any violence in its end, just the end, if its pointing to the end at all and not someone saying "I'm the Omega King! Fear my coolness!" Just my three cents.

Allowing the community to vote is your choice entirely, only as good of an idea as you see it. I let people vote because I couldn't decide, but I did like the choice they picked. Enough so much that I'll admit that for awhile I forgot that it wasn't its name in the first place before I even began work. So, for me, it was a good idea.

And that reference wouldn't work. There is another member whose account is "Captain Josh".

@joshtigerheart, on May 18 2007, 01:27 AM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Personally of the options listed so far, I prefer Armageddon. Omega carries the implications of something that is trying to be "cool" and really isn't dark enough to go with the anhilitation of all life. Whereas Armageddon makes those implications, suggests total destruction. Not to mention Armageddon is much more easily recognizable as, to put it lightly, a very violent ending. Only about half the people I've spoken to even know that Omega can refer to the end. Also worth noting, Omega doesn't necessarily point towards any violence in its end, just the end, if its pointing to the end at all and not someone saying "I'm the Omega King! Fear my coolness!" Just my three cents.

Hmm good point. Armageddon does have a nice, violent ring to it. I wanted to avoid using a phrase that would be associated with 'the end of the world' because, essentially, it's much, much bigger than 'the world'; it's...well, everything. But...(well, you'll see)...Armageddon would work....

Allowing the community to vote is your choice entirely, only as good of an idea as you see it. I let people vote because I couldn't decide, but I did like the choice they picked. Enough so much that I'll admit that for awhile I forgot that it wasn't its name in the first place before I even began work. So, for me, it was a good idea.

I just don't want to regret the community's choice.

And that reference wouldn't work. There is another member whose account is "Captain Josh".

Crap. Ah well, I'll think of another way....

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 18 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

@starbridge21, on May 17 2007, 05:08 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Maybe I'll have some influential Board users flying around or being in some minor way involved in the story.

"A slate colored martial artist slaps you with a trout. 'For great justice!' he cries, before vanishing in a flash of darkness."

What happen?

@gray-shirt-ninja, on May 18 2007, 11:36 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

"A slate colored martial artist slaps you with a trout. 'For great justice!' he cries, before vanishing in a flash of darkness."

Hehehe...I like it. 😄

I kept saying "For great justice!" today at my friend's house while playing Zelda Twilight Princess.

@crusader-alpha, on May 19 2007, 10:03 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

I kept saying "For great justice!" today at my friend's house while playing Zelda Twilight Princess.

I beat that game in like 3 weeks. Too easy.

Ah, back to the topic: what to call the TC....

How about, Terminal Velocity.

@starbridge21, on May 19 2007, 08:13 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

I beat that game in like 3 weeks. Too easy.

I thought it was way fun, and had a good world and well-designed graphics. Haven't beaten it though. What were you playing it on?

@crusader-alpha, on May 22 2007, 08:47 AM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

I thought it was way fun, and had a good world and well-designed graphics. Haven't beaten it though. What were you playing it on?

Oh, it was fun. Just easy. I have it for Wii.

@mr--wigs, on May 21 2007, 11:52 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Makes me think of a skydiver whose parachute failed. Messy, otherwise, I like it (the name, not the image).

@scienceguy8, on May 22 2007, 02:31 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Makes me think of a skydiver whose parachute failed. Messy, otherwise, I like it (the name, not the image).

Right, it doesnt, not for me at least, have that OHMyGoshThatTheTitltlesquee. But it keeps in-tune with the EV name, and can mean end, or top. None exceeding? ...Okay those are sorta stretches, but it also solves the whole abbreviation issue. Unless Twilight Zone is heavily talked about on the EV board.

@starbridge21, on May 22 2007, 02:00 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

Oh, it was fun. Just easy. I have it for Wii.

That is what I was playing on. Much fun.

@mr--wigs, on May 21 2007, 11:52 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

There already is a published game titled Terminal Velocity.

@joshtigerheart, on May 23 2007, 07:15 PM, said in My Quasi-TC's name:

There already is a published game titled Terminal Velocity.

So?