Guys EV OVERRIDE PORT plugins?

Any plug-ins for the Nova EVO port?

HI. I was wondering if anyone knew of any plugins to go with Guys Override port. I would like very much to fly some new ships and use some new outfits and stuff. Maybe new missions or governments. If there are none yet, I think all you brainiacs out there should get busy making some. I am a WinNova user and also enjoy the older versions of EV. The problem is I only have a PC with windows. So if anyone knows of a way to use plugins with the EVO port, please let me know. I can be e-mailed at the following address: Slig_7@yahoo.com.

I would guess, since EVO has so fewer resources, that a lot of plugs are compatable. However, having not played the Override port for some time, and having never looked very deeply at the resource files, I would tentatively not entirely recommend quoting me on that.

There's a port of an old EVO plug-in to Nova, Reign of the Voinians, out there, but I haven't played it. There's also EVN-EVO Facelift, which is good, and Cold Fusion for Nova, but they're both just graphics updates. Plus, Cold Fusion doesn't work with Guy's port (wtf?).

Facelift: http://nevermore.uriptical.com/ev/

Cold Fusion: http://home.comcast.net/~drtrowel/

Cold Fusion should work fine (the 'turrets' plug isn't necessary though). Are you saying it doesn't work based on experience? I've never heard any issues reported.

@vincer_sc, on May 15 2007, 10:37 PM, said in Guys EV OVERRIDE PORT plugins?:

If there are none yet, I think all you brainiacs out there should get busy making some.

If you're going to ask like that, you can make them yourself. :mad:

@guy, on May 17 2007, 02:22 AM, said in Guys EV OVERRIDE PORT plugins?:

Cold Fusion should work fine (the 'turrets' plug isn't necessary though). Are you saying it doesn't work based on experience? I've never heard any issues reported.

I had to mess with stuff to get Cold Fusion's spöb graphics to show up instead of the standard ones. I don't remember exactly what I did, though I think I had to remove your port's planet sprites, because I can't find them in the data files now.

Hm, that's interesting. The planet sprite behaviour shouldn't be any different to the original port though. It may be to do with CF using PICTs instead of RLEs? Anyway, the CF planet graphics are included in Facelift, just because they're so awesome 🙂

If they're included in the Facelift then that's cool. It actually was the PICT problem. Converting the PICTs to RLEs fixed it. I ran into the same problem when I converted Meowx's EVO: MAGMA to Nova format with SpacePort.

Oh I remember, originally neither of the ports used RLEs for planets so there was no problem with CF. I RLE'd them all sometime later and since PICTs don't override RLEs the CF planets will no longer work.