the gövt resource

Dang it, I can't figure this out. What causes governments to assign a legal status of "N/A" and ignore my actions? I don't understand what I'm doing differently with the two governments that are doing this.

N/A is assigned when you have done nothing for or against the gov't (legal status = 0). You can take two enemy systems, fight in one (becoming liked in one and disliked in the other), fly to the other system, fight some more, and balance your legal rating.

Note: I haven't tested this.

@lnsu, on Apr 28 2007, 03:12 PM, said in the gövt resource:

N/A is assigned when you have done nothing for or against the gov't (legal status = 0).

I believe you’re thinking of ‘Clean’, not ‘N/A’.

gray_shirt_ninja, have you by any chance used the ‘Xenophobic’, ‘Always attacks player’, or ‘Never attacks player’ options in the gövt resource? Have you set your government’s Crime Tolerance correctly?

Xenophobia - fear of aliens, fear of outsiders. (subnote) - in EVN, this refers to a Pirate govt.

@david-arthur, on Apr 28 2007, 12:43 PM, said in the gövt resource:

I believe you’re thinking of ‘Clean’, not ‘N/A’.

gray_shirt_ninja, have you by any chance used the ‘Xenophobic’, ‘Always attacks player’, or ‘Never attacks player’ options in the gövt resource? Have you set your government’s Crime Tolerance correctly?

Oh. I did have the 'Xenophobic' flag checked.

Uhm... just for the record how do I incorrectly set Crime Tolerance? I want to make sure that I'm doing it right.

Um, negative maybe? I don't think there is any way to set it incorrectly.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Apr 28 2007, 11:27 PM, said in the gövt resource:

Oh. I did have the 'Xenophobic' flag checked.

‘Xenophobic’ is, as zapp says, primarily used for pirates; it causes the government to consider everyone its enemy, including the player.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Apr 28 2007, 11:27 PM, said in the gövt resource:

Uhm... just for the record how do I incorrectly set Crime Tolerance? I want to make sure that I'm doing it right.

I’m not sure offhand what would happen if you set it to zero or -1, but it was one of the things that occurred to me as a potential cause.

Okay, good. I haven't set it to zero. Although that might have some interesting effects, I'll have to try it. Thanks for the help.