A better Federation

It seems that the Federation always ends up being the "bad guys" as it were <_< , and I always thought that there should be a different Fed. storyline where the player joins the Federation Navy, gets some new Fed. technology and the opportunity to get some upgraded ships or perhaps have a specially upgraded Carrier forced on the player (not unlike the Unrelenting).

P.S - I'd really like to see this plugin happen but I need an experinced programmer to set mission bits, have systems change governments and the like.

The Federation isn't the "bad guys" as much as it is the Bureau of Internal Investigation. The BII is pretty much responsible for all the "bad" things the Federation does. The Federation Navy is simply trying to keep the Aurorans out of Fed space.

Unfortunately I don't have the expertise needed to make a plug-in like the one you're describing (not enough experience with mission bits and crons <_< ).

Ok, I get your point but in the stock Fed. storyline the player ends up working for the BII, so I guess my post was sort of misleading.

Write the story, post it here, and someone will import into a nova data file for you. Just make sure to divide into desc-chunks.

Thanks, I'll get working on it. 🙂