Invisible Graphics

A continous bug

Two bugs are making a mockery of my best efforts in this plugin I'm working on.

There are several types of laser weapon -- a laser cannon, a laser turret, a swivel laser cannon, and a rear laser turret. They all call upon the same spin resource, which works perfectly...for the laser cannon.

All the other weapons fire invisible shots. Despite the fact that their graphical setups are completely identical to that of the laser cannon, which does work. Despite the fact that EV, EVO, and EVN all do the exact same thing and it works fine.

In addition to that, I have a standard Missile weapon, that calls upon the Gravimetric Missile graphics. As before, the graphical setup, with the link to the spin resource, is correct, and the spin itself works. And the graphic does appear. The only problem is that when I fire it, the shot starts out invisible -- and then fades into sight as it flies. While this could be a useful asset for some, it's flying against my desire, and so I'd like to fix it -- how can that be done?

Thanks for everything. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

- Bob

Check the decay flag. It might have something to do with this.

Yeah, make sure it's 0 and not -1, which is MC's default, IIRC.

I changed all the decays to 0, that weren't already -- unfortunately, it had no effect.

- Bob

That would be caused by the Falloff field - make sure it's set to zero.

This post has been edited by Guy : 26 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

Guy: Thanks for your help! Setting falloff to 0 fixed all of the problematic weapons. 🙂

- Bob