Need a hand

need a custom mod

hey, I have been running the Pirate missions, and here at #10 I am utterly stuck. I have done this before, so I know the storyline, and won't be missing anything, and basically need someone to fix it so I can just go on. The mission resource is 710, in Nova Data 1. You see, I have EVNEW, I'm just no good with it. Also, this is for Windows, so .REZ please. I will give 5mil credits to anyone who can A.) do it, and B.) figger out how to e-transfer EV Nova credits.

Make a new cron event, available first day 1. Available last day 31. Available first month 1. Available last month: 12. Available first year 1711 (or whatever year your in - 1. Available last year: 2000 (just in case)
length (in days) 0

Available bits: none
on start: none
on end: b710

btw: I dont need 5 million credits, I just need to make a mission that pays 1600.00m and put it as the simplest I can get it.

if that doesn't work, post a pilotlog on the site and we can tell you where to go next. (also if it doesn't work, be sure to edit the above cron, and put ! in front of b710, then delete it after landing and taking off)

Ok, wow, when is the date the game starts? I am in like 11--, wow, 17-- wait, you are over 600 years old? AHHH! CREEPY GUY!!!! jk. well, it didn't work, so i'll try posting the log, tell me if i'm doing it wrong... well, I know i'm doing it wrong. it won't let me post the thingy in pilots. following failure instruction set.

one more thing: any hints on how to download the Mac plug-ins? i want to do the rest of the strings (after this) but Reset by Raven, the best-looking one, when i try to download, it just loads a page w/ gibberish.

This post has been edited by waladil : 07 February 2007 - 10:59 PM

hmm.

reset the plug so that it says 1000. That way I dont have a dought.

If you are landing and taking off to make time go by, and you dont recieve the mission. Try jumping out of the system, than back in, if you havent already.

It should work to make the bit become set. If you dont recieve your mission once the bit is set, than you should edit the plug to take off the bit (put an explamation point before the b710), and delete the plug this is vital to make sure that you don't get any weird events or corruptions. Chances are, in that situation, that you are still in a silent mission, or there is an intermission time, or there is another mission you have to find in a different bar.

when you save the empty text document in your nova file, be sure to put a .txt extenstion, or nova wont recognize it, and wont put a pilotlog.

anymore questions? Any experienced plug-in users that find somthing that they have to rescue him from me?

The game starts on June 23 (the day before my birthday! :laugh: ), 1177 NC.

If you're having trouble with Mac plug-ins, see the link in my sig.

Also, you may or may not be aware of this, but a string-resetter may cause the game to make a whole lot less sense, since each storyline is actually the same (or similar) events, just from a different perspective. I would recommend just starting a new pilot to get the other strings, but if you want to cheat and use the same pilot, you don't have to listen to me. 😉

@nil-kimas, on Feb 8 2007, 03:38 PM, said in Need a hand:

The game starts on June 23 (the day before my birthday! :laugh: ), 1177 NC.

If you're having trouble with Mac plug-ins, see the link in my sig.

Also, you may or may not be aware of this, but a string-resetter may cause the game to make a whole lot less sense, since each storyline is actually the same (or similar) events, just from a different perspective. I would recommend just starting a new pilot to get the other strings, but if you want to cheat and use the same pilot, you don't have to listen to me. 😉

I have done most (if not all) of the strings already... wait no, I never finished Fed, and I didn't do Auroran. But I have done Rebel, Pirate (doing again) Vell-os, and Polaris.

Here's something: I still have the mission in my computer: and it won't die. even if i tell it to allow me to abort it in the data

This post has been edited by waladil : 08 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

You can't change an active mission - all the mission data gets stored in the pilot file. To forcibly remove a mission you must make another mission (or something) to abort it via Axxx.

@guy, on Feb 8 2007, 10:28 PM, said in Need a hand:

You can't change an active mission - all the mission data gets stored in the pilot file. To forcibly remove a mission you must make another mission (or something) to abort it via Axxx.

Axxx? is that a code set?

I would guess A means abort the following mission, so A250 will abort mission 250 if it is already active. I would also guess you put A250 in the on accept portion of the mission, and make the mission auto abort.

Stop guessing and read your bible, guys 😉

@guy, on Feb 9 2007, 02:17 PM, said in Need a hand:

Stop guessing and read your bible, guys 😉

I like Guessing.... I'll make that mission. And I can't read my bible, I'm an athiest. JK I know, it's mac only

Er, what's mac only? The EVN Bible is just a text document and has no mac-specific content.

I got it done, the only problem is I seem to have messed up and I skipped 11 also! Lol, at least it works fine, and I could do the after-stuff, so it knows I did it.