Mod E Starbridge-Can't get shields to work

And I can't figure out why.

So I wanted to make yet another shield plugin for Nova just because I was bored. I've only made the sprites for four ships: the Vellos Dart, Arrow, Javelin, and the Modified Starbridge. They all work except for the Starbridge one.

For some reason, Mod C Starbridges work but not the Mod E Starbridge. I haven't tested the Mod D Starbridge. The pilot I'm using is flying one and I tested Eamon Flannigan's Bridge and neither works (the regular sprite is fine but the shield sprite just won't show up). But a Mod C Starbridge displayed the shield sprite perfectly. I was under the impression that all the Mod Starbridges used the same shän resource (ResID 165). I looked everywhere in all the files and couldn't find another reference to a Mod Starbridge shän. So I'm confused. Am I just missing something here? Do I need separate shän resources for the Mod C, D, and E Bridges? If so, where are they?

Thanks everybody.

Each ship resource uses an individual shan resource. They can all share the same sprites but the shans have to refer to the same sprites. Mod Starbridge classes C, D, and E use individual ship resources. Technically they're separate ships. I managed to scrape up their IDs though. I don't think you were looking hard enough. 🙂

Mod Starbridge class 😄 Ship resource 165

Mod Starbridge class 😧 Ship resource 331

Mod Starbridge class E: Ship resource 332

Edit: Yikes, what's up with all the mistakes I left in this post?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 10 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

@jacabyte, on Feb 10 2007, 09:48 PM, said in Mod E Starbridge-Can't get shields to work:

I don't think you were looking hard enough.

Haha. That sounds about right. You should see me look for my keys. I walk into a room and give up. "Eh. They ain't here." Then I just don't go to work.

But as far as these resources go, I believe you have shďp and shän resources mixed up. The shďp resources for the Mod C, D, and E are 165, 331, and 332 respectivly. That makes sense because, as you said, they are technically different ships. But those aren't the shäns. The shän resource IDs 331 and 332 are for Valkaries. I looked at all the shäns I could and still cannot find anything refering to the mod starbridge except 165. I was at first under the impression that shän resources were resID specific since I've found eight or nine shän resources referring to the regular Starbridge and using the same sprites. Still, I can only find one referring to the Mod Starbridge. Have I lost it? I think maybe so.

Thanks for the reply JacaByte.

@mike, on Feb 11 2007, 04:47 PM, said in Mod E Starbridge-Can't get shields to work:

The shän resource IDs 331 and 332 are for Valkaries.

Heh, no the Chrome Valkyrie actually is the Mod Starbridge. Confusing, yes ;). And ships and shans use the same IDs so if the ship is ID 331 then you know to look for shan 331.

@mike, on Feb 10 2007, 08:47 PM, said in Mod E Starbridge-Can't get shields to work:

<snip>

Yeah, as Guy said the Chrome Valkyrie is the same as the Modified Starbridge. Very confusing, I admit. 😉

Also as Guy said, the ship and shan resource numbers correspond to each other and they're fixed. If they're mixed up, dumbfound me. I was saying that the Starbridges have to use different shans, even though all those shans refer to the same rleD resource. See what I'm saying?

Jeese Louise. I could have just checked the Chrome Valk thing to see if it coresponded to the same RleD. Doofus. Well thank you very much Guy and JacaByte. You Guys are great! That's why I've always loved this place.

JacaByte, I do see what you are saying now. I was just very confused by the nomeclature. Got it now.

And I think I knew that ships and shans were the same resource number. It's just been a while since I've poked around in the resource files. I tested it out and it works. You guys are the best. Thanks for everything. Woodeewoo!

That's ok. We don't expect smarts from a jarhead like you, Mike. j/k. If you are, as your board av suggests, in the USMC, you boys have a hell of a job that you have to do. Rest assured there are still at least a few people in the USA who appreciate that. salutes