FFAs and News

Couple of questions I wanted to ask in a solo thread.

First and foremost, how do I get random events into the Holovid? Things like little advertisements, like EVC's ads for sandbags and soap and reaccuring announcements and events, like Nova's mentions of ships claiming to be Rebels attacking Fed ships. So far, I am absolutely and totally lost on where I am going to modify this, and I can't find any clear indication in the data files.

Second, I got an idea for making actual FFA Battles. What it does is you start the mission, which would be the 'mother mission'. This one does nothing and auto-aborts in two days (or more for larger, heavier ships), but also starts five (or whatever number you prefer) silent missions that each spawn a ship of a government that hates each other and the player. Whenever a player kills a ship, it completes the corresponding silent mission. Whenever an A.I. kills one, it fails the mission. The idea is you collect money for each ship in the FFA you destroy. The only problem, which is the one I'm having, is how to prevent the player getting credit for kills the A.I. makes. Is there any way around it?

@joshtigerheart, on Dec 30 2006, 06:39 PM, said in FFAs and News:

First and foremost, how do I get random events into the Holovid? Things like little advertisements, like EVC's ads for sandbags and soap and reaccuring announcements and events, like Nova's mentions of ships claiming to be Rebels attacking Fed ships.

STR# 8100 (usually for 'commercials') and STR# 8101 (usually for 'news'). Default Nova keeps them in Nova Data 5. That's for news that can recur at any time in the game (as opposed to oops- and cron-based news).