For Rezilla Custom
I present... a new weapon editor using the awesome Keyed Sections feature of Rezilla. This allows simplification of editing weapons by hiding fields/flags that do not apply to certain guidance types or labelling things differently due to differing behaviour between guidance types. However, there is one major issue that arises from using keyed sections in this way: You cannot easily change the guidance type of a weapon without zeroing the rest of the weapon's fields.
To change the guidance type, select the resource, choose "Edit as Type..." and enter 'weap' (without the accent). This will open the old weapon template where you can change the guidance type then save and reopen with the new one.
Anyways, I haven't tested all fields/flags that I've included/excluded for various guidance types so do let me know if you think anything is wrong. There's a couple of things I'll just point out though:
- The "Don't fire at fast ships" flag is not present in any of the guidance types. This is an obsolete flag which is nonfunctional in Nova.
- The "Can't fire if ionised" flag is oddly a part of the seeker section. For all types except homing this has instead been included at the end of Flags 1.
- The "Fire from nearest exit" flag strangely enough works for all guidance types (except Carried Ship which doesn't use exit points).
- The BeamLength field is not included for projectile weapons. This is an undocumented, pointless, redundant and probably accidental feature.
(edit) Fixed: Two weapon types were using DWRD instead of RSID for Submunition Type.
- Keyed_Weapon_Template.zip (3.1K)
Number of downloads: 0
This post has been edited by Guy : 02 February 2011 - 10:37 PM