A weird problem

In the level I'm making, when I get close to the top (level is 300 tiles tall), it crashes and blames the problem on (apparantly) a random program. It's been the Finder, PGP, and the Control Strip. Some symptoms aside from the crashes, are, at random seeming intervals, the error beep plays for no apparent reason. Another is, when the FW title screen loads, parts of it flash a light blue. This one disappeared, then came back, and the crashes still happened. I've verified everything I can think of with Res Edit(Finder needed repairs, but they didn't help), used the Apple Hardware Test and Agax, zapped my PRAM, rebuilt my desktop, replaced FW, even wiped all of the empty space on my hard drive with PGP. Nothing worked. This didn't used to happen. Can anybody help?

------------------
"Six by nine. Forty-two." "That's it. That's all there is."-Douglas Adams
For as long as I can remember, I've had memories.- Colin Mochrie, Who's Line is it Anyway?
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.

This message has been edited by htjyang. (Edited to remove unnecessary left-wing content.)

(This message has been edited by Bob the Mediocre (edited 06-17-2001).)

Posted by the Ultimate Bulletin Board Version 5.45:
This message has been edited by htjyang. (Edited to remove unnecessary left-wing content.)

I thought I was the only rebublican on these boards 😉

------------
Response to Bob:

Wow, you seem to have a problemo there. Is this just with one level that you're making? I've noticed that MASCOT has a tendency to "infect" some of my levels. These levels crash my entire computer whenever I try to play them. Consequently, I was forced to scrap these levels. Try scrapping the level from your plug in and then see if your computer still crashes, I realize that is a heavy price to pay if your level is completely finished but sometimes MASCOT has been known to infect entire World Data Files! That's never happened to me thank (insert Suprememe Being(s) of your choice)

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
Is this just with one level that you're making?

Yes. It is for OBW, which should make you happy. 😉

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
These levels crash my entire computer whenever I try to play them.

I can play this one, but when I get to a certain point, close to the top(the level is about 300 tiles tall), I get a type 10 error faulting a seemingly random program. It couldn't affect my whole world, because all the levels in OBW are in seperate world files. I also don't think that MASCOT caused the problem, because it didn't happen before.

------------------
"Six by nine. Forty-two." "That's it. That's all there is."-Douglas Adams
For as long as I can remember, I've had memories.- Colin Mochrie, Who's Line is it Anyway?

Posted by Bob the Mediocre:
Yes. It is for OBW, which should make you happy.

PLEASE WILL YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Why does everyone think I hate OBW with vile contempt? Of course I hate OBW but I have no vile contempt! I do not wish ill will upon OBW or its members. I am still out for the good of the community.

Posted by ~:
It couldn't affect my whole world, because all the levels in OBW are in seperate world files.

That's not too bad of an idea to keep your levels seperated...of course it's too late for that in Dr Tall Land. I can't very well test my levels with them separated lol.

Posted by ~:
I get a type 10 error faulting a seemingly random program.

...Well that doesn't seem like a MASCOT style infection. I really don't know what to tell you. Oh well, my progress on alpha testing is being hampered by my recent addiction so you'll have some time to sort it out without Dr Tall Land's competition 😉

*My addiction is to Starcraft just to let you know, I don't do drugs.

Posted by ~:

I'm not sure our good ol' government wanted the extended army slogan to be released in public 😉

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better