Missle Launch Animation

Possible?

Hey guys,
I was wondering if it would be possible to have an animation like an burst of exhaust or cloads when you launch a rocket? Sort of like when you fire a rocket launcher, im talking about the blast that shoots out of the back of the launcher. Is it possible to have an animation like that?

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 12 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

Well, if you mean the initial blast smoke instead of the trailing, it's probably possible to do it, if you know how to do submunition. It sounds similar to what I wanted to do when I wanted to create the Emalgha machine gun, the fire flash that would shoot out only on that weapon.

Ah....thanks! So if i make an invisble submunition and have it have a negative speed, i will get the feedback blast. Except i dont know how to do that resource thing or how to make a smoke trail. <_< Can somone explain how i can make a smoke trail to me plz?

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 12 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

Or, you can use weapon frame in the sprites. The only bad thing is, for a weapon that shoots one at at a time, it shows the weapon frame in a 1 frame flash.

Hmm that way would only work as a submunition, but even then it might be alittle tough. Does anyone know how to make the smoke trail and how you set one?

I'd just use a boom. Have the initial weapon instantly detonate with the desired blast and sub into the real weapon.

I was going to suggest that, but Guy got here before I did!

I think i found this out before, but i cant remember it. So the boom ID is what is entered into the explosion type? Or is it the boom ID - 128 or something. Cuase ive been entering spins as my explosion type, thats probably why they arent working.
Well, atleast i can see why i keep getting confused. The weap graphic is a spin, but the weap explode is a boom. Got it!

Yup, the Explosion field in the weap resource refers to the Boom resource. Not the spin resource.

So the xplode type is boom ID - 128, right?

Yes. If you wanted to refer the Explosion field to Boom resource 130, you'd type in 2. If you wanted to use Boom resource 128, you'd type in 0.