Blackhole Weaponry!

The mask field is ignored and is really just a left over from EV/O which used pict based sprites with separate masks.

PS, you can quote multiple posts via the "Quote" button at the bottom of every post.

@edwin-, on Jun 5 2006, 10:31 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

make a weapon that is a beam with 360 degree innacurracy, a very high negative impact, a damage drops off at distance flag and no beam visuals. then give this beam to a fighter with no speed and the vortex graphic.

Sounds good, i already have the weap with the graphic, wonderboy helped me attach the graphic to it. So right now the explosion has a negative impact (-20000) and it works quite well, and the blast radius is 200...im not sure if i should lower it.

@guy, on Jun 5 2006, 10:34 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

The mask field is ignored and is really just a left over from EV/O which used pict based sprites with separate masks.

PS, you can quote multiple posts via the "Quote" button at the bottom of every post.

Ah ok.
I know i can do multiple posts, i just had forgotten to click one after i had written a paragraph. <_<

Ill be releasing this plugin soon, definantly by tommorow. how do u upload it to the plugins area?

On theAddons page, click on this picture:Posted Image
Then follow the instructions I guess. I have never submited a file personally.

(Edit): Don't listen to me. I diden't know what I was talking about. Listen to Guy.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 06 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

Ah no, don't follow the instructions there, instead read the Addons Pages Rules pinned to the top of the Nova board.

Aight, so should i put all my weapons into one .rez file or should i have em all seperate or just a few seperate? And i probably shouldn't publish the ships plugin i made becuase i used polycons graphics, but i did make it so that the ships would work on any ev nova, not just polycon.

You shuld separate them however you want. And before you submit the one with Polycon's graphics you shuld ask someone that has to do with it(creator(s)) for pemission.

Yeah, just make sure you clean out all those duplicate graphics that you said you had.

Hey WonderBoy,
you know the polycon explosion? Well i have 3 different sizes of them and when i edited the Nova data 1 and changed the name and then copied it to the nova plugin folder, the explosion didnt work. Do u know y? :huh:

THE BLACKHOLE PLUG-IN IS NOW OUT, LOOK FOR IT AT THE PLUGIN WEBSITE!!!

It should be getting approved right now, it probably will show up tomorrow, my time. Have Fun!!!

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 06 June 2006 - 11:24 PM

@chronodrago, on Jun 6 2006, 10:58 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

Hey WonderBoy,
you know the polycon explosion? Well i have 3 different sizes of them and when i edited the Nova data 1 and changed the name and then copied it to the nova plugin folder, the explosion didnt work. Do u know y? :huh:

No, I don't. I would again need to see the file. I don't remember what you did wrong last time, and thus, don't remember what I had to change. Send it to me and I will fix it and tell you exactaly what was wrong(assuming I can fix it again, which I probably can).

Hey guys, anyone know why my plugin hasnt shown up on teh webpage? I completed all the nova uploading requirements, including the one on the nova web board.

It does take some time. It depends on certain peoples availability. I mean they do have to check and make sure that you did infact do every thing. Other than that I don't know. I'm sure it will get up sooner or later.

Ok, i named mine Blackhole weaponry and more!!! I wanted to see how many people are going to download it. If it just named it nova weaponry, less people would DL.
Anyone want to guess how many DLs there will be in the first week or so? (no betting) :laugh:

Don't expect your plug to come up anytime soon. I posted my Spaceball plug weeks ago, and it isnt up yet.

lol, whats ures about(like the main new thing in it)?

Search the forum. I don't remember which thread it is in but you can atleast find out what its about. Searches are cool.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 07 June 2006 - 08:00 PM

For those who didnt know or thought that negative feedback for weapons can only be used by AI ships....u can.
To set negative feedback on a weapon, just set the weap resource to have a high negative impact(like -20000 or so) and have the proximity value set pretty high(around 20000). This will create the negative feedback, but i would sugest that you do not have a high blast radius with high damage, becuase it will ruin the effect. Usually you can use submunitions with negative feedback to get a greater effect of wormhole/suction/whatever you want to call it. But make sure the submunition has atleast a moderate blast radius and atleast a small amount of damage.