Blackhole Weaponry!

Discovered and Created

Hey guys,
Im trying to make a weapon that has a submunition which turns into a blackhole. How do i get my submunition to act as a beam? or is there another way of sucking a ship towards the hole. I made the proximity do dmg only when somone runs over it but i really dont know how to get my blackhole to actually suk somehting up. Wait i got it... 😄

PM me if u want to try the prototype
The prototype only suks in thigns it is near to, it stil doesnt suk everyhting in.

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 21 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

Submunitions don't work with missiles. There is a limit on the radius that negative impact affects. It sounds like you want to make a missile that acts like a blck hole, destroying ships as it sucks. Use the blast radius field. Set it larger for a larger radius, smaller for a smaller. That might work, or it might jsut destroy all the ships within the radius. Go test it.

@lnsu, on Jun 5 2006, 01:16 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

Submunitions don't work with missiles.

Lol, dude ure wrong. My stellar nuke sends out about 9 missles that actually track the enemy.
And i believe that only a beam can use a negative impact as a tractor beam, and the blast radius might help. i think ill have a large blast radius for the main shot and do no damage and then have the acutally submunition use the smaller radius with damage.

And for some odd reason, the blackhole works better on medium size ships, htough i have sent a ship flying across the screen becuase i hit it to hard =D

Oops, i meant Submunitions dont work with beams. Subs were designed for missiles.

@chronodrago, on Jun 5 2006, 04:24 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

And for some odd reason, the blackhole works better on medium size ships

Compared to what? Large? Thats easily answered. The larger the ship the higher its mass, the higher its mass the less impact, negative or not, affects it.

Oh, ya......i didn't think it would work as a beam, but the negative impact works very well anyways...
But the stupid weapon graphic doesnt work. I mean i can get hte weapon to work, but not with the graphic i want to use. I want to use the wormhole rleD and spin for the blackhole, but for some reason it never works.

@wonderboy, on Jun 5 2006, 03:13 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

Compared to what? Large? Thats easily answered. The larger the ship the higher its mass, the higher its mass the less impact, negative or not, affects it.

Lol well yes and no, The large ones arent really affected even though i have -2000 on impact :laugh: But some of the small ships arent always affected, particularly the vellos darts. I know theyre inertialess but so are the arrow and the other one, and both of those go fliying into the explosion

Inertialess ships are called inertialess because they are not subject to the laws of inertia, and therefore a black hole doesnt have any effect. Try setting the inertia higher than -2000 if you want a black hole effect. play around with it. Start at -32766.

k that still doesnt explain the effect on other inertialess ships, but anyways ya ill do some more editing.
BTW where can u get vectored thrust....it al of a sudden diapered from my game, on all of my pilots including new ones.

@chronodrago, on Jun 6 2006, 10:17 AM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

Oh, ya......i didn't think it would work as a beam, but the negative impact works very well anyways...

It does? Okay, then you can ignore my post in the other thread.

You probably made another outfit with the same ID as the vectored thrust.

@guy, on Jun 5 2006, 04:09 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

It does? Okay, then you can ignore my post in the other thread.

You probably made another outfit with the same ID as the vectored thrust.

Ya it does very well, the ships are pulled to it when the bomb explodes and then the submunition is still a work in progress, but it does massive damage when a ship gets to close. And another funyn thing is every asteroid on the screen implodes when the blackhole "opens" up. Its really awesome, its like the perfect asteroid miner weap, except it costs 1 mil. 😄 Hey...i had to make it atleast a little fair. :laugh:

Maybe, ill have to check through, but what planet does the vectored thrust show up on? Wild Geese homeworld planet thing? Cuase in my pilot file, that planet was blown up...so that might be partly why...but that doesnt explain my other pilot. <_<

Not sure but try Rauther, Rebel planets, maybe Viking.

If you're still having problems with the graphic you'll need to copy the wormhole spin and give it a new ID in the normal weapon sprite range.

I have fixed the plugin. I just need to upload it to Drago.

@guy, on Jun 5 2006, 06:58 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

Not sure but try Rauther, Rebel planets, maybe Viking.

If you're still having problems with the graphic you'll need to copy the wormhole spin and give it a new ID in the normal weapon sprite range.

Thanks, Ill check em out next time i get to that computer.

And yes, i already have compied the wormhole and gave it a new ID - which includes the spin, the rleD, and the rle8. But i couldnt find where the graphic is for it, so im not sure if thats a limiting factor.

Hey...uh, does the cheat.rez have any relevance to the blackhole weap? :huh:
And what does the shuttle do? Is it like a specific thing for the blackhole or was it just used to test the weap?

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 05 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

It adds a crap load of sheild regen, armor, and free mass as well as 500 tons of cargo, so that if you are in a shuttle you can hold the weapon(and not get killed by whatever gov't your in while blowin' stuff up). The shuttle will blow up using the Polycon explosion.

(Edit): You do NOT need to be in the shuttle for the BlackHole to work. At least you shuldent. There is no reason that you would need a shuttle to create blackholes.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 05 June 2006 - 09:49 PM

@wonderboy, on Jun 5 2006, 07:48 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

It adds a crap load of sheild regen, armor, and free mass as well as 500 tons of cargo, so that if you are in a shuttle you can hold the weapon(and not get killed by whatever gov't your in while blowin' stuff up). The shuttle will blow up using the Polycon explosion.

(Edit): You do NOT need to be in the shuttle for the BlackHole to work. At least you shuldent. There is no reason that you would need a shuttle to create blackholes.

Ahh, thats alright i have made my own plugins: swiss army life, and miracle mass additions 😄
The weapon is awesome, i just need to make more submunitions and lower the blast radius, to give it more a bluehole effect.
LAter guys, ill be on tomorrow

Nice, nice. Just let me know if you need any more help with any of your plug-projects.

@chronodrago, on Jun 6 2006, 02:16 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

And yes, i already have compied the wormhole and gave it a new ID - which includes the spin, the rleD, and the rle8. But i couldnt find where the graphic is for it, so im not sure if thats a limiting factor.

The graphic is the rleD but you don't need to copy that (or the rle8). As long as you don't change the values in the spin then it can just reference the existing one.

@guy, on Jun 5 2006, 08:40 PM, said in Blackhole Weaponry!:

The graphic is the rleD but you don't need to copy that (or the rle8). As long as you don't change the values in the spin then it can just reference the existing one.

If that is true, then why does the wormhole spin have a different number as the Image ID than the Mask ID, i think that is correct. Someone else double check that for me please, im on a different computer. And i usually copy all the files over, espeically since i needed to change the ID numbers, and its so much easier to know where everyhting is coming from. So ive ended up with a 2 megabyte weap plugin and a 3 megabyte ship plugin(only contains 2 large ships)

"Nice, nice. Just let me know if you need any more help with any of your plug-projects."
Thanks man for being such a great help, ill contact you sometime later becuase i wont be around for the next 3 weeks in 2 days.

Looks like i need to switch all of the Nova ships and set there explosion type as polycon explode. 🆒

make a weapon that is a beam with 360 degree innacurracy, a very high negative impact, a damage drops off at distance flag and no beam visuals. then give this beam to a fighter with no speed and the vortex graphic.