Does Polycon not work?

None of the files include "converted" or "(converted)" in the name, but they do say:

EVN Addons page, on when the plug was created, said:

plugins - - PolyconGraphics1PC - 8.57 mb

Polycon EV is a total conversion for EV Nova featuring all new ships, outfits, systems, etc. More information and screenshots can be found at the Polycon EV website... http://www.evula.org/anubis/index.html By AnubisTTP (arrakis666@yahoo.com). PC conversion by Belthazar. NOTE: also requires Polycon_EVv1.2PC, PolyconShipsPC, PolyconGraphics2PC and PolyconGraphics3PC.

I have downloaded all the files that say "polycon" and "pc" and it works so far.

P.S. That is in the name sorted addons list at page 20 located here.

So has anyone figgured out what was up w/ the mac download?

I haven't been trying to figure out, mostly because you still haven't explicitly told us where you downloaded it from, despite repeated requests. I left my telepathy hat in my other suit, you know. Furthermore, I've already managed to expand them in the past, so it's not a problem at Ambrosia's end, meaning I'd need my telepathy hat to solve that as well.

plugins - - Polycon EV v1.0 - 7.52 mb
Polycon EV is a total conversion for EV Nova featuring all new ships, outfits, systems, etc. More information and screenshots can be found at the Polycon EV website... http://www.evula.org/anubis/index.html By AnubisTTP (arrakis666@yahoo.com) NOTE: also requires PolyconShips v1.0, PolyconGraphics1 v1.0, and PolyconGraphics2 v1.0.

Date: 8/12/2004
Rating: 79 (Rate It)
DLs: 17644 (Get It)

Click on "Get It" or the name of the plug in my post to get it from where I did. I just clicked on the name for all of the files as they are on the addons page(s).

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 22 May 2006 - 06:07 PM

Thank you! "From the addon pages" is all I needed to hear.

And just for you, you-make-me-WonderBoy, I re-downloaded every single Mac Polycon file and expanded every single one of them. And you know what? Every single one of them expanded properly. Yep, all of them. I expanded them using exactly the procedure detailed in my conversion tutorial above, so I suggest you read it again, with particular focus on the relevant sections (hint: all of the Polycon files are .hqx archives, and if you can't tell that, then you need to re-read the Getting Started section as well).

Ok. I will try once again to extract the files this time paying EXCRUCIATING detail to your instructions. And I give you much thanks in determining that the downloads are not corrupted. So off I go.

You don't need to go quite so far as excruciating - just look at the pictures, and make sure you don't expand too many times. Incidentally, if you're doing the .hqx expansion and it does the whole thing in one go (.sit included) then tell me, because I may need to modify the guide to cover the correct option settings. Ditto if the .hqx expansion refuses to work at all.