I need help making a plugin

Plugin making

Ok heres tha thing. I recently started to attempt to make a plugin using evnew. I want to have a ship that has a lot of money, alot, of mass, and i want everything to cost 1 credit. How do i make this possible? I really need help with this. Im new to plugin making, and reading the ev bible is making my head dizzy, and it is confusing.

Thanks.

P.S. If you dont want to respond here, then my e-mail address is bjstreetrider@aol.com

Hi Candyman, welcome to the boards.

First off, it would be better to identify early on which game you are talking about. There are several games which use plugins. It does sound like you mean EV Nova and not Pillars of Garendall but I couldn't tell from your topic title.

There is a whole forum designed to help people with EV Nova plugin development. It's EV Developer's Corner.

Secondly, who would want to play such a plugin? If you give the pilot lots of credits and make everything cost only one credit, what's he going to need all that money for? Do a little math. If the pilot has 1000 credits, are there possibly 1000 items he could buy to put on the ship? He can earn 5000 credits just for taking some passengers to the next planet. Are there 6000 items he could buy?

I think you need to think this through a little bit longer.

Good luck.

@guest_guest_candyman_-_-, on May 14 2006, 11:35 PM, said in I need help making a plugin:

Ok heres tha thing. I recently started to attempt to make a plugin using evnew. I want to have a ship that has a lot of money, alot, of mass, and i want everything to cost 1 credit. How do i make this possible? I really need help with this. Im new to plugin making, and reading the ev bible is making my head dizzy, and it is confusing.

Thanks.

P.S. If you dont want to respond here, then my e-mail address is bjstreetrider@aol.com

I agree with RD, this topic should be moved to the EV Developer's Corner. And if we are going to help you, you'll need to have a good knowledge of how the EVN engine works. Or none of our advice will make sense. And from what I read in your post, what you're asking for is going to be difficult at the least.

(EVNEW is a Nova plug-in maker RD. Just so you know.)

Edit: No! How could I forget The Nova Bible for Dummies?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 15 May 2006 - 09:54 AM

No! Here is the most recent version of The Nova Bible Explained to Dummies. I should know.

Candyman, Ambrosia's official tech support cannot help you with plug-ins, as they are a very complex subject on their own. But we plug-in developers would be happy to help you. Know that such cheat plug-ins can already be found in the appropriate section of the Nova Add-on files, though you might need these instructions to make them work on your PC. But making a cheat is still the best way to learn doing Nova plug-ins. Unfortunately I have little experience with EVNEW and PCs in general, but you just need to create a new plug-in file, copy the outfits (represented as oütf resources) from Nova Data 4.rez to it, and modify the outfits in your plug-in to cost one credit (the Cost field contains the price of the outfit in credits). For more information I have a complete guide to the oütf resource.

As has been said, the EV Developer's Corner is the most appropriate place for further discussion. See you there!