SpriteMaker preliminary version

For those frustrated by m2s

A long, long time ago I remember someone mentioning m2s's lack of support for bit depths other than 8 and 16, and apparently it would dither them itself, which according to that someone, would cause quality loss (forget why), so I uploaded a program I had written what was then long ago which would do the exact same thing as m2s. I also had a button to turn a folder of images into a sprite image, though I nevergot around to implementing this feature for one simple reason: movie support didn't work. For whatever reason, it just didn't work. I never figured out exactly what was causing the crash (didn't know about breakpoints back then, among other things :)), and eventually the project found its way into my trash.

A couple days ago, I decided that now that the issues that were truly responsible for the crash (the version I was using) were gone, I would remake it. Now I present to you the very first working version of SpriteMaker. What does it do? It lets you click on "Process Movie..." (also try holding command for fun), select a movie, tell it the X and Y frames and bit depth, and save the movie to a location of your choice, with limited error reporting. The sole reason I even bothered doing this was for the bit depth option. Though it defaults to 16, the menu also includes 8, 24, and 32, or you can specify your own.

Sometime soon, I'll add that image folder support, and eventually drag-and-drop. But for those of you who want to keep your images as high quality as possible until the end, here you go.

Note: No offense was intended toward Ralph or Roger Sutherland, nor any toward m2s or the sprites collection offered by these two in the creation of this application or post. This application is intended to supplement, not replace, m2s, in a similar manner to that of plug-in editors other than NovaTools.

24 and 32-bit?
tests
Hey, so it does. I was wanting a program like this too recently. Didn't matter in the end though.
It keeps telling me it didn't work and to try a different save location but it seems to have worked fine anyway.

smacks forehead That was a test...I removed the not to see what the dialog would look like and forgot to fix it. D'oh.

Okay, fixed. Same link.