PICT/RLE Resource IDs

At what ID numbers do you guys keep your PICT/RLEs so that they don't interfere with other areas of nova?

Too low and they overwite program stuff. Too high and it seems to give nova problems. And a low of the mid range numbers seem to be taken.

Is there any reason this layout wouldn't work?

10000 for base sprites
11000 for masks
12000 for glow
13000 for glow masks
14000 for lights
15000 for light masks

20000 for weapons
21000 for weapon masks

I ask because I'm having problems with collision detection, but I think I've done everything right. The only thing thats really changed is the ID number organization.
So I'm begining the process of enRLE-ing everything, but I want to make sure that the ID numbers that I'm using aren't the cause of the problem somehow, before I convert graphics.

(The problems are that the collision of weaps with some ships seems to be offset from the graphic, and the player ship can't be hit no matter which ship is used, and some AI ships can't be hit.)

I'm almost definitely sure there's a range you're supposed to stay in. See: max number of ship resources, weap resources, ect. I usually check out the Nova files for the type of resource I want to add, and just go from the last RID on the list.

I changed to ID numbers similar to the stock scenarios usage and enRLEd everything and the problem remained!

I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the problem was. Then, as I was typing it out in a new topic for help I figured out what was wrong.

I had recycled a dude to provide targets, and there it was. Dude can't hit or be hit by player was checked.

Oops.