Fxxx still doesn't work in 1.0.9

I just tested the Fxxx issue I encountered awhile back. (some of you may remember me harping about this)

I'm sorry to say that this is still broken in Mac 1.0.9 as well.

Will this ever be fixed?
Should I post this in the 1.0.9 bugs thread? Is that still relavant?

As I recall, this affected at least one default scenario mission from EVO. Not sure if it affects any from ENV, but it seems likely.
I really wish this would get fixed as it will open up many possibilites for special effects via abortable missions.

Here's the thread in case you missed it the first time around.

So, umm... I guess I'm the only one who has an use for this one?

Bummer.

Is it really that important? Has anyone reported it? I have a use for the current buggy behaviour: Seeing as you can only have a fail text if you make the mission non-abortable I can work around it by using two missions and have one fail the other.

Guy, on Mar 19 2006, 04:27 AM, said:

Is it really that important? Has anyone reported it? I have a use for the current buggy behaviour: Seeing as you can only have a fail text if you make the mission non-abortable I can work around it by using two missions and have one fail the other.

That's the problem; the issue is that if you use Fxxx, the mission will always act as if its OnAbort flag is set, regardless of whether or not it actually is.

We might be talking about different things.

I'm refering to the fact that Fxxx won't remove the mission from the active missions; it just gets the bullet. (regardless whether or not the can abort flag is checked)

Since it doesn't get removed, the player can still trigger an abort after failure.
But I'd like to have the player have the option of aborting if the mission if it is not yet failed, but once the mission fails, then the option to abort must be removed. (mission dissapears)

I don't know about orca but I'm talking about the same thing you are. I'll give an example of what I was saying: Say you have a mission with a time limit and you want the player to be able to abort it but also want a fail text to be able to show. You remove the time limit from the mission and instead have a second invisible mission with that time limit which is started when the first mission is started. OnFail it will Fxxx the first mission, forcing it to remain in the player info with a bullet next to it even though you can also abort it.

Now if the engine was changed so that if a failed mission that remained in the player info could no longer be aborted, even if it could before, then we could both be happy. Of course, if it was changed so that CanAbort didn't also mean a fail text didn't show then I would be even happier.

This post has been edited by Guy : 19 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

I think I was high when I wrote that; OnAbort isn't a flag. CanAbort is, and I meant it acts as if the flag is not set. 😛

orcaloverbri9, on Mar 21 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

I think I was high when I wrote that; OnAbort isn't a flag. CanAbort is, and I meant it acts as if the flag is not set. 😛
View Post

Ah, yes. That makes a bit more sense. 🆒

I still don't understand. How does one mission know that another mission might Fxxx it?