Collapse: MIP

Hello. I'm still here. I still haven't gotten round to tycho's tutorial....

In progress on my map. Have some fledgling story ideas. Officially call it "Collapse ADX". (ADX for no reason other than it sounds cool. Will think of acronym later...)

This post has been edited by ScratSkinner : 21 February 2006 - 03:39 PM

cool, it's about time someone made a mod to extend the original EV storyline.

We have those already.

It's not a mod now! I changed the idea a long time ago. That means it's completely new!

Anyway...
It's not related to the Escape Velocity game scenario at all.

ScratSkinner, on Dec 8 2005, 12:48 PM, said:

Anyway, back to the forklifts...

The ideas is that forklifts are actual ships rather than weapons, and they go around system to system, doing whatever forklifts do. I plan to have variants of forklifts, so people don't get bored out of their skulls. The first set of variants are the "goring" kind, from yellow to red, from Manta size to Valkyrie size. They all would have invisible beams in their prongs that are set to negative impact, so that if you are swarmed by a bunch of little ones, they will stick to you like burrs(if you're heavier than they are, anyway). The big ones would just have you gored on a prong(if you're little). And if you have the proper(also relatively heavy and expensive) equipment, you can have a limited amount of forklifts(Edit: the little kind). This brings me to my first important question:

Can you have separate outfits for bays(like, say, you have one outfit to just catch forklifts(and sell them), and one required for you to actually launch them)?

Is this too big?

Anyway, there's another post coming up (hopefully soon).
Edit2: Incidentally, what is Qaanol's form?
View Post

That idea is great. I will steal it. (Not really.)

Which reminds me...
Who was the person who thought of putting the forklift in EV? I think he deserves a place in my TC...

Anyway, my TC is being built from scratch. I notice that some other TCs in progress are based on an already existing universe/game. (Not that they won't be enjoyable).
Frozen Heart was based on a novel, I think, but the author of the TC was also the author of the novel (if I presume correctly).

I decided to change "ADX" to "MIP". Three guesses as to what that stands for...

Don't tell me! Monkies in Paradise! Men in Pink! Erm...Mission Impossible!

Eh, I give up.

I can make cool looking ships for nova. of course my program is so horribly awful that it takes 3-4 days to make one ship

gray_shirt_ninja, on Feb 22 2006, 09:45 PM, said:

I can make cool looking ships for nova. of course my program is so horribly awful that it takes 3-4 days to make one ship
View Post

Are you trying to say something here? :mellow:

I'm saying I would have offered you my services as a graphics person, if I had a better program (the purchase of which is kinda low on my priority list. I need little things first. Like a faster computer ).

Thanks. I'll keep you in mind.
I'm assuming this is free...

Are things like printer-cruisers okay?

Printer-cruisers? rises eyebrow

I note that the TIE fighter of Star Wars fame looks rather like a bow tie...

What's a printer-cruiser? I must know this! Oh, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not yet good enough to do engine flares and really good looking lights. Check out my latest rendering in the gallery. That's my best right now.

gray_shirt_ninja, on Feb 25 2006, 09:43 PM, said:

What's a printer-cruiser? I must know this! Oh, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not yet good enough to do engine flares and really good looking lights. Check out my latest rendering in the gallery. That's my best right now.
View Post

Simply put, I thought you'd think I was referring to a regular printer (the kind that puts out paper with ink on it) if I just said printer. Printer-cruiser is just a fancy name for a ship that looks like a printer...

Sorry for the confusion.

Ohhhhhhhh coooollll I'll have to try that.