Ship bays

I do, in fact, need help.

Hey folks, Its been a while. I was wondering how to make a fighter bay and have it work. And also a link to some place that tells what all Id numbers that are used and what they are used for would be nice(ships weaps spobs the whole 9 yards).
Thanks

Edit: Oh I found the data files for EV:N which show all the stuff I requested so please ignore this thread

Edit#2: hmm... been poking around for a while... havent figgured out why my plug isnt working... any one want to lend a helping hand?

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 06 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

"Isn't working" could mean any number of things. What exactly is going wrong?

It is set as a secondary weapon and it doesent even showup when im going thru the list for weapons I have. I have no idea why. I am modifing(sp?) some previous ships and making new/modifing weapons but basically I'm just screwing around trying to learn how to use evnew. I am using windows because it is the best computer by far in the house.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 06 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

That problem is usually due to one of three things:

1. There is no outf that points to that bay or to the fighters. If Nova cannot find an outf that goes with a standard weapon, it will get rid of it. Make sure all RID values are correct.

2. The ship's weapon fields point to the wrong weapon or do not grant any ammo. Make sure that the weap RID is correct and that its Ammo field is greater than 0.

3. The outf and/or weap RID is out of range. The highest ID for weaps is 384, and for outfs it is 640.

Ok, I uhh.. diden't really understand what you sayed :blink: but I have it working so I will reference that plug as well as what you sayed to try to make the most sence. Thanks.
I think the problem I was having was having to do with the ammo but im not sure.

I don't remember what ModType it is, but (if you don't already know this) is the outf resorce have that # modtype? I dono. I'm no genius...

I can't help, sorry.

RID= Resource ID
It is the number of the resource. For example, the Shuttle is shďp RID 128.

Past that, I do not know all that much... but knowing what the basic RID system is helps... you should look around the Data Files just to see the resource types and resources... just look around, it helps.