Vell-os Revival

rmx256, on Feb 5 2006, 09:14 PM, said:

Qaanol is mostly cool for his sig.
View Post

Steelix, on Feb 6 2006, 04:48 AM, said:

And his oh so manly toned body.
View Post

And because he uses a "Q" without a "u"! Hail Qaanol!

Frankly I do like mac more then windows but my mac is soooo outdated and it is incompatable with somany games(cus win is the more widley used system) I just dont use it for much of anything any more. especially sence I got a new (windows)comp recently so a win version would be greatly appreciated(sp?).

i DO have a windows version, even though i think that your a fool for switching to a PC

Kenshin the ancient, on Feb 9 2006, 01:17 AM, said:

i DO have a windows version, even though i think that your a fool for switching to a PC
View Post

Can you post it? I want to play too, it looks excellent! Even if content is limited, understandably. I dont count new Hypergate links as major features, so that leaves the new planets, and the fights as major features. It has "Modifications to federation border systems for the new Vell-os government". Can you tell me what it means? If there is 18 planets, can you tell me how many new systs there are? Anyways, 18 planets is more than expected for a early version (I expected 10, somehow... perhaps from the numbers of systems visible from the map?), and is w00t! Sweet exploration! Exploration is always sweet.

Posted Image

This is the map, as of the first release

llliask and rendell where suppost to be inhabited, but I wanted to release the first version

Pontoll has one planet and a moon

estearll has one planet and one hypergate, and a few mantas and strikers. the only Vell-os in system are darts, this is because the Nil'keymory fighter-pilots come to this system to learn to dogfight like a Vell-os

Vell-os space is pirate-free, exept for the pontoll system, because the pirates come from Old Pontoll (the moon in the system)

WonderBoy, on Feb 7 2006, 12:45 AM, said:

Frankly I do like mac more then windows but my mac is soooo outdated and it is incompatable with somany games(cus win is the more widley used system) I just dont use it for much of anything any more. especially sence I got a new (windows)comp recently so a win version would be greatly appreciated(sp?).
View Post

If what you are saying is that you have a windows version, please release it :mad:
😞

I have to say, this is probably one of the best Nova modification plug-ins i have ever seen judging by the screenshots! 🙂

This new "Ballista".... does it have new graphics? And what kind of standing does it have in the Vell-os navy?

Also, why the Polaris hypergates? Are they somehow related to Vell-os culture? Or are there historical links? I suggest seperating this aspect of the plug-in and releasing it as a seperate project all-together. Unless there are some very central reasons not to 😉

Otherwise, again, it looks great. Good luck with any further development 🙂

Ravenheart, on Feb 12 2006, 07:28 AM, said:

I have to say, this is probably one of the best Nova modification plug-ins i have ever seen judging by the screenshots! 🙂

This new "Ballista".... does it have new graphics? And what kind of standing does it have in the Vell-os navy?

Also, why the Polaris hypergates? Are they somehow related to Vell-os culture? Or are there historical links? I suggest seperating this aspect of the plug-in and releasing it as a seperate project all-together. Unless there are some very central reasons not to 😉

Otherwise, again, it looks great. Good luck with any further development 🙂
View Post

1. The Vell-os "Ballista", my attempt to create a capital-class ship for the Vell-os. I liked the idea of making a bigger ship then the javalin, because the javalin seems too small to be a capital ship. I also plan to add a Vell-os cargoship, which i have not found a name for yet.

2. I wanted to have more then just the added Vell-os planets and systems. But, I made HG-Kel'ariy link to HG-V0a (HG-Vellos), this is because the Vell-os and Polaris are allies, this is also apparent in the Estearll system, where there are mantas and strikers learning advanced dogfighting tactics from dart pilots