Help with Mission

Special ship not boardable

Hello,

I'm making a mission that calls for a përs ship to hail the player,
The person hails the ship, is offered a mission, if he accepts, the përs ship turns into the mission ship, and attacks the player. The player must disable, but not destroy the mission ship, then board it.

Everything works fine except the I can't board the ship ("The ship can't be boarded") and therefore mission is not able to complete. If I destroy the ship, the mission does not fail either, it stays in my "i" current missions panel.
After I adjust something in a plug, I do make sure to start a new pilot to be sure that the plugin loads correctly.

Here is a little more in-depth: Mission built using MC 3.3.1
përs ship appears in s˙st ID 733, appearing only if !b843 (b843 is clear) <-- works
përs ID 644 (ship type: 138, govt: -1) hails player using hail string 43 <-- works
përs ship offers mission ID: 919 when it is hailed (only offers if misn available) <-- works
Ship becomes a mission ship (dude ID: 287) when the mission is accepted <-- works
Player hails përs 644 and accepts mission 919 <-- works
shows offer text, and briefing text <-- works
përs 644 turns into düde 287 (shďp type 138, govt: -1) and attacks player <-- works
player disables düde 287, and attempts to board <-- unable to board, quick briefing still shows mission is active
player destroys düde 287 <-- failed text does NOT appear, briefing still shows mission is active

Options:
Player's Goal: Board
Ship Behavior: Attack player

Am I missing something here? Why does this not work?
Thanks in advance,
- Highway

This post has been edited by Highway of Life : 10 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

What system does the mission say its special ship should appear in?
What are the travel and destination spöbs for the mission?
What is the mission's time limit?
Is the mission able to be aborted?

I actually don't know exactly what would cause this behavior, but I'll try messing around with it to see if I can duplicate the problem and perhaps find a solution.

Qaanol, on Feb 10 2006, 02:49 PM, said:

What system does the mission say its special ship should appear in?

ID 773, its a new system I created. The system specifed the përs to show up, and it does correctly.

What are the travel and destination spöbs for the mission?

None, this is a ship based mission as described above. The mission starts when the përs ship is hailed, the player fights the same përs in the same s˙st, and boards that same përs to complete the mission... problem is, I am unable to board the ship, and if I destroy the përs, the mission does not fail as it supposed to.

What is the mission's time limit?

None

Is the mission able to be aborted?

No

I actually don't know exactly what would cause this behavior, but I'll try messing around with it to see if I can duplicate the problem and perhaps find a solution.
View Post

Thanks!

Does the përs's shďp (ID 138) happen to have zero crew?

138 is an Standard Argosy

Alright, after extensive testing, I figured out how to work around the pain-in-the-you-know-what Nova engine.

Mission was a success, and so is failing the mission... actually, failing the mission works wonders! It automatically quits out of EV Nova if you fail the mission!
Which always happened to me on those 50,000 credit bounty missions if the Pirate got destroyed before you could board it.

What seemed to be the issue is either.

1. The Düde that the përs (Mondor) ship turns into must be associated with a gövt.
    or
  2. The mission must complete at a Stellar.

So the Mondor correctly turned into the specified düde.
Successfully boarded the ship, and completed the mission at the specified stellar.