Quick reminder about Add-ons page submissions

Email address essential

Hi guys,

When uploading files to the Add-ons page, please remember to follow the rules here. Many people haven't, recently, and I've been forced to delete their uploads because there's no email address for me to contact them on.

Dave @ ATMOS

perhaps there should be a form to fill out added to the upload function that requires insertion of an e-mail adress in one of the fields?

Edwin_again, on Feb 5 2006, 09:07 AM, said:

perhaps there should be a form to fill out added to the upload function that requires insertion of an e-mail adress in one of the fields?
View Post

I believe the problem with the add-on pages is that they use the same functions for every single game/program that Ambrosia allows you to upload things for. This means that trying to change it so that it would tailor itself specifically for EV Nova would mess things up for the other programs.

As far as that goes, it's not just the email that's important. What's important is for people to read the stickied threads and follow all of the instructions, one of which is the inclusion of an email address.

GutlessWonder, on Feb 5 2006, 03:57 PM, said:

I believe the problem with the add-on pages is that they use the same functions for every single game/program that Ambrosia allows you to upload things for.
View Post

why should that matter? dont al user submissions require an e-mail address?

The particular, cross-platform nature of Nova means the requirements are heavier (I should know). This means that an email adress is important at the very least, since it will allow pipe to contact you if there is a problem in your upload, something which is practically unnecessary with other add-on pages.