The REAL Starbridge

Heh.

Came across this by shear chance on http://www.starshipmodeler.com.

A real-life Starbridge!

The Starbridge was mounted on a neato plaque and given to the creator of the Escape Velocity series, Matt Burch. It will stay with him until he sits on it or the cats get to it.

😛

This post has been edited by tycho61uk : 20 January 2006 - 07:35 PM

Hehehe. That's pretty sweet.

I wonder how big it is...I want one...

That is so awesome. Made by a member of the Burch family, too.

I can't remember: Is Adam Burch (the guy who made this model) Matt's brother, aka Klavs, who also made the ingame Kestrel graphic?

I reckon the cats have gotten to it by now. Either that or it's very flat somewhere.

Yuppers, that's Adam "Klavs" Burch. A good man when you need a texture or two in a tight spot.

I would so buy a foot long die cast Starbridge

Does she fly? (the Starbridge)

ScratSkinner, on Jan 21 2006, 10:00 PM, said:

Does she fly? (the Starbridge)
View Post

defitely, didn't you see that it came complete with functioning miniature ion engines?

Edwin_again, on Jan 21 2006, 07:54 PM, said:

defitely, didn't you see that it came complete with functioning miniature ion engines?
View Post

Sweet! I knew we were researching ion engines, but I had no idea that they'd already been micro-minaturized! What are the specs? Power supply? Thrust?

...also, I seem to have misplaced my soul.
#147, I think. Can I have it back? begs

the engines are powerd by 5-year-old pocket lint, or unwashed cat fur if you cant come by lint of that vintage, and they provide 1 newton of thrust.

and no, you cannot have your sould back until i get mine back, and that may be a very long time. You can, however, work out your frustations on other peoples souls.

This post has been edited by Edwin_again : 23 January 2006 - 11:23 PM

there's a 3d printer at my school ... if you send me the model I think I could actually get it printed to the exact dimensions. It would be made of fragile hollow plaster, however, but still pretty wild ... a great stocking-stuffer for the teammates, eh pipeline??

Not of course, trying to detract from this model, which is pretty keen

Admiral Zombat, on Jan 24 2006, 02:02 AM, said:

there's a 3d printer at my school ... if you send me the model I think I could actually get it printed to the exact dimensions. It would be made of fragile hollow plaster, however, but still pretty wild ... a great stocking-stuffer for the teammates, eh pipeline??

Not of course, trying to detract from this model, which is pretty keen
View Post

*zombat and model dissappear forever... 😛 😉

heh, I meant computer model 🙂

Ambrosia got into trading/gaming cards...you'd think they'd be interested in models?

I second Raga, but I kill him because I'd pay so much more.