Graphics people.

Now that was a really interesting read, Raga, I was unaware that was the beginning of the AM...

Ragashingo, on Jan 11 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

Example.

View Post

That's terribly embarassing. Bad grammar and I still spelled my name without a 'k.'

Swithich, on Jan 10 2006, 04:30 PM, said:

That is a bit like saying people like you are ######s, but I'm not speaking directly about you. Once again. I know what I'm doing, but the fact is making a total conversion with three people is a little hard. So I thought I might enlist some help. I recall that is what this board is for. And can you please read the post above. I don't need anymore lectures I just want to see if people would like to work on our plug. If not...then I'll take your path and do it all myself. The thanks I get for trying to involve other people and get a quality product out
View Post

**I'm sorry if you took it as a direct attack on you, as I stated before, it really wasn't meant that way. I'm not sure why you exactly you expect 'thanks' for attempting to enlist help on your project, I was merely offering my own advice as someone who has been through the process. That said, I have no intention of arguing the point out with you on this board- it wouldn't really accomplish much for either of us. I stated my opinion, you disagreed, nothing unfair or malicious about that. If you'd like to discuss it further via PM, I'd be more than happy to.

Otherwise, best of luck with the plug-in, truly, I mean that.

_bomb

Oh I don't know, searching for new talent is not always a bad thing. Sure a lot of new people come around here with no plan no story no nothing and ask for people to help with their project, but not everybody that is searching for new talent falls into that category.
View Post

**Agreed. However, I based my statements on ones made that stated that the project had fallen apart previously for various reasons, one of which I can only assume is what I was referring to. It'd be unfair to characterize all plug-ins as aimless, useless ventures because of a lack of organization; this one clearly is not one of those cases- in fact, it seems to be already many steps above that. While harsh, I think my points are still valid; and in the end though my delivery may have been arguably poor, my intention was to be helpful in some way or another.

In reality nearly every plugin project going right now is being made by unproven plugin makers. It would be highly unfair to judge a project on that basis. There are some wonderful projects that began in ways that would be laughed at around here today. Example.
View Post

**Agreed again. I know when I first started making plug-ins my projects were beyond laughable; hell, even the first versions I released were. There's nothing wrong with being new to development and trying to learn the process; the point I was trying to get at is that these projects seem to be trending more towards what I'd discussed previously.

I agree somewhat, preambles and trailers are alright but sometimes it seems like there are an awful lot of them around. That said I don't get the feeling that the serious projects are spending too much time on pubic fanfare and not enough time on real work. These things are just extremely big, and the people working on them have real lives.

If somebody really wants to see all these plugins finished all they have to do is pay some salaries and the projects will get done quickly 🙂
View Post

**Don't think I haven't day dreamed about setting some like that up, assuming I were ever to make some money.:) All I can say is, I hope you're right. It just seems to me in these days that promotion and attention are more on the minds of developers than actually finishing the project. I could be entirely wrong; I've been removed from being directly involved in the community for a long time. That said, on the flip side, there are some people out there who do put in the work, who know the systems and what kind of work it takes to get a scenario finished, and I'm confident enough in them to say that despite any projects that may fall by the way side, they will be the ones to see the community through.

That and I hate to be all doom and gloom all the time.. 😉

_bomb

Bomb, on Jan 11 2006, 08:32 PM, said:

**I'm not sure why you exactly you expect 'thanks' for attempting to enlist help on your project.

_bomb

View Post

Sarcasm. I expect neither thanks nor lecture on this topic. Just for people to post if they are interested...nothing more nothing less.

Anyway. As this topic has accomplished its original task I think we will take what we can get. I think we have the writer and a few graphics people to get the plug moving. If anyone else wants to help or join visit the EV: Genesis forums. Thanks and we will need all the people who want to help to go over there and register and maybe we can get Darth Bob to validate you. Thanks everyone.

Swithich, on Jan 8 2006, 05:33 AM, said:

DE will have his own system for selecting a couple noteworthy graphics guys.
View Post

I hope you mean Darth Eddy. If not, I probably have a secret second life of some sort.

Destroyer E, on Jan 13 2006, 08:17 PM, said:

I hope you mean Darth Eddy. If not, I probably have a secret second life of some sort.
View Post

Lol! Ya I meant Darth Eddy. But I'm pretty sure you do have a double life! So who are you really? :ninja: