Fighter Bays and AmmoType

Having some trouble..

Hi, i'm having some trouble with generally the distinction between a launcher and it's ammunition/fighter bay with it's fighters.

Do i have to make seperate outf/weap resources for the launcher and the type of ammunition?

Does the AmmoType field in the weap resource mean i don't need to make another resource for the ammo? (Someone please tell me how to calculate proper AmmoType RIDs aswell please)

Basically, a nice clear detailed list of how exactly how to create a fighter bay, and it's fighter. A set that work together!

Thanks, Ravenheart.

You need 2 outfs and 1 weap. Things are handled slightly different for fighters than for other weapon types.

But im running late here, so someone else has to explain the calculation stuffs. Which makes my post moot.

Typically you would set the AmmoType field to the index (index=ID-128) of the weap resource but for fighter bays you instead set this to the ID of the ship resource you want your bay to launch. You then make two outfits - the first the weapon, the second the ammo. Both should have the ID of your weap as the ModVal.

Guy speaks the truth.

To see an example of how a fighter bay should be set up, look in Nova Data 4 (for the weapons and outfits) and Nova Data 1 (for the ships) and study something like the Pirate Viper Bay or Manta Bay.

Qaanol, on Jan 9 2006, 07:09 PM, said:

Guy speaks the truth.

To see an example of how a fighter bay should be set up, look in Nova Data 4 (for the weapons and outfits) and Nova Data 1 (for the ships) and study something like the Pirate Viper Bay or Manta Bay.
View Post

I did study them in detail before posting, i just couldn't get my head around the problem.

Thanks Guy, i'll give it a go 🙂

yeah, it's fairly simple. make one outf resource for the weapon (exactly as you would for any normal weapon), one for the ammo (exactly like you would for a missile weapon's amunition), and make one weap resource with the projectile type set to Carried Ship and set the ammo to the ID number of the ship you wish to launch (make sure you point the first outf resource at this weapon)