Round Two

of the interplanetary Wargame.

As (apparently) the only judge of the Interplaneary Wargame, I'm making a call to any players— or other interested parties— who have not registered at the IPWG forums (sponsored by Mispeled), as well as reminding the current list, that the next round will officially begin Thursday, December First. We will basically be continuing where we left off, with team B having won the last round.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 12 December 2005 - 08:05 PM

Hmm

Team B needs more contributing members. So far it's been basically Edwards and I tossing back ideas. (No offense, Mispeled–I'm assuming you've been busy)

Thus the warning topic- numerically I counted five on four so I figured it was reasonably even AFATTG.

Just a poke in the right direction for some...

Someone should rename this topic. People are requesting entry in the other one, clearly indicating that "IPWG" means nothing to anyone.

Incredibly Pompous Midget Germans

:laugh:

Try 'Inventive Polish Making Goulashes"

Good thing the third letter is 'W,' you imbecils 😛

Did I say "midget"? I meant "Wombat".

Yeah, the keys are like, right next to eachother. 🙂

Just a final note: All strategies for round one must be submitted by January Tenth.

Note that I edited the topic.

Qaanol...cmon. We need some activity.

Sorry, I've been AFC (away from computers) for a number of days. On an unrelated note, my SAT II scores are Literature: 790; Physics: 790; Mathematics Level 2: 800. The physics was because there were a few questions on topics I've never studied, like combining resistors in a circuit. I really should take a class on electromagnetism one of these days, so I can stop relying on Wikipedia and Google. The literature was because I'm not as adept as I could be at analysizing poetry. The math was, of course, because I'm an "anal semantic twat". 🆒

pfft. 800 math. Thats what? 90th percentile. Nobody cares.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Dec 21 2005, 12:38 AM, said:

pfft. 800 math. Thats what? 90th percentile. Nobody cares.
View Post

Sarcasm, or jealousy? <_<

Anyway, I've figured out a way of using the planetary gravity wells the bulk of our populations are sitting in to our advantage. I think.

Actually... Hmm. I don't know the word for it, but the emotion I was going for was the one conveyed by the statement "Yeah, I got an 800 on SAT2 Math2C as well. And it was a 90th percentile. That doesn't even qualify you for MENSA. (ignoring the sampling skew, naturally)"

Congratulations!

I haven't gotten the official score report yet, just looked on my Collegeboard.com account, so I haven't seen the breakdown of the scores. From what you're saying, though, 1 in 10 people who take SAT Math 2 get max score. Kind of makes sense, I guess. You don't take the advanced math test unless you're confident in your abilities.

On the other hand, why would it qualify anyone for MENSA? Isn't that purely based on IQ being 140+? I should probably take an IQ test one of these days. A real one. On paper. All the "online IQ tests" are complete bullcrap. One day I took one and got 144, then a minute later took a different one and got 161. I put no stock in them at all. Any idea who I talk to in order to take an actual IQ test that MENSA will look at?

Mensa is just top 2 percent on any (qualified) test. Note there are no online tests valid for this.

Yeah, I got a 150 on an online IQ test without even answering any of the questions at all :blink:

OK, I need to know: how do I play the Planeary Wargame? What are the rules? I have some really good ideas. However, I do not know if the real thread actually tells anything. I gave up after reading 2 pages of "Team 1, Team 2, Referee, Team 2," etc, etc, etc, etc. Where can I actually submit stuff? BTW, Team 2.

Alright, a basic breakdown:

We don't actually 'play,' anything. The way TIW works is both sides come up with strategies for how to defeat the opposing side in a war, and then we submit them to the judges.

Rules: basically, be as realistic as possible.

As for where you submit stuff, go to here. These are the official IWPG forums.

When you register, PM Mispeled, and he'll add you to Team B.

Do we get an advantage if 25.6% of our populace freely and of its own volition worships a god named rmx? 😛

Anyway, 800 Math II is 88th percentile, 790 Physics is 90th, but 790 Literature is 99th, so go figure.