AI hacks and behavior

particularly fighters

I am curious about AI hacks people have found. There seems to be plenty of strange behaviors that have the possibility of being used in unique ways.

I notice that sometimes a group of AI fighters will seem to meter their missile usage. That is, say two fighters are attacking another fighter, and they have heavy damaging missiles that are more than enough to kill the target.
I've seen one of the fighters hold off from using missiles, and the other not fire too many. Sometimes they reserve the missiles alltogether. Then both use their missiles later when switching to a tougher target later in the battle.

I wonder if there's a way to get the AI to use certian weapons on certain targets.

One a side note, I'm noticing some interesting behaviors while expirementing with fighters.
Fighters that can cloak, and have prefer standoff attacks, and have don't uncloak until close flags does the following:
They stay cloaked until really close to the target, then uncloak and run away until at standoff range, and before fireing weapons. (even if they have other closer range weaps too)

I've found that the "run away if out of ammo" flag works if a weapon uses fuel and fuel goes empty. But it is not triggered until the ship tries to attack.

Also when expirementing with the above, it seems like carried fighters don't replenish fuel after docking in some certian circumstances. Sometimes, even if you land on a planet and refuel your ship, not all your fighters will get refuled.
Basicaly, I'm guessing about this behavior based on the following:
I have a fighter armed with a blaster that uses 1 fuel per shot. The fighter has 30 fuel max, and runs away when out of ammo. So, he attacks and fires for a bit then runs back to the hanger. If I immediatly re-launch him and attack again, he'll instantly appear back in the hanger. Multiple fighters gets more complicated, as only some of the fighters will get refuled after landing on a planet. Usually some combination of taking off landing, refueling and launching, docking fighters will get them all refueled again but I haven't figured out exactly what is happening here.

Return to formation sometimes doesn't work in battle. You fighter stops shooting, but will still chase the former target around. Particularly easy to see when using cloaking fighters. (return to dock works as it should)

Cloak when running away flag doesn't work. (Even with the cloak when docking flag)

Finaly, I've seen my fighters sometimes become hostile/neutral in battle without being hit by friendly weapons. Seems to occur when a different fighter gets disabled. What causes this?

You can get some odd behaviors if you use the reserved AI types. I haven't tried it with Nova, though.

Not sure if this is just me, but I often see ships that launch fighters and then INSTANTLY recall them, and so the fighters never end up attacking me. This is most prevalent with Federation and Pirate ships, and less common among Auroran ships.

Yeah, I've seen that too. And now that I think about it, it happens to my fighters sometimes too, and maybe not just because of empty fuel. Would happen in EVO as well.
Might have been because the fighter didn't get far enough away from the launching ship?