Help!

I can't get ships to appear

I've recently started programming in EVO (using res-edit & the standard template) and have run into a problem. The are no ships flying around (except the player's ship). I don't mean just a missing pict file, using the tab key doesn't detect any ships. In my sol system, for example, I've set avg. ships at 12, dude types 128, 129, 130, and 131 (which are defined in my dude resourse) each with a 25% probability, and the ship ID's in my dude resourses 128, 129, 130, and 131 all correspond to the ID's of ships defined in my ship resourse. Is there something I'm missing here?

Hm, make sure that all the mission bit fields in the dudes are all set to -1. Make sure your ships all have proper sprites and spins. Can't think of anything else right now. If you really get stuck you can attach the plug to a post (make sure you zip it first or something) so other people can check it to see what's wrong.

Oh, and welcome to the boards 🙂

The mission bits are -1 and the spin & pict resources look ok. I'm posting my data & graphic files, so maybe an EVO programmer of more than 5 days can figure out what I'm missing. Thank you for your help.

Attached File(s)

Success! The mission bits in the dude resources had all been set to 0, and changing them to -1 made my ships appear. Thank you for your help.