Odd SpecialShips bug?

sigh

...so, I was just screwing around with plug-ins, and I made a mission with a TravelStel of Heraan (360). I tried it with my Auroran string pilot (for whom Heraan's visible instance is 431), and Nova did what it was supposed to, and allowed the visible version of Heraan to act as the TravelStel. However, I also had some SpecialShips (10 large Auroran warships, kinda hard to miss) set to appear in the TravelStel system.

They didn't appear.

In short, if you set a TravelStel (or ReturnStel, presumably) to a spob that is invisible but has a visible instance available, the engine will let you use the visible instance, but SpecialShips set to appear in the TravelStel system (that is, -3, not the actual ID of the system) don't seem to appear in the visible instance of the system.

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Well it wouldn't surprise me. Nova looks for a replacement spob, not a replacement system.
I do know that you can't do the same thing for ReturnStel though. If your ReturnStel isn't guaranteed to be there then it seems Nova simply won't offer you the mission. (with the exception of -4 which will work just like TravelStel)

This post has been edited by Guy : 06 November 2005 - 02:50 PM

So how would you make such a mission, short of making an extra mission for each version? I'm usually pretty good with this, and can't for the life of me think of a way.

I think the simplest way would be to just design a galaxy where none of the systems are replaced...

That's slightly difficult when the galaxy was already designed.