Stupid Question

Hey I used to do a lot of plug development, but haven't for about a year. Now i'm back, but my memory is a little faulty.

How do you make an outfit that disappears after you use it once?

Edit: For further info, I'm making an outfit called "spare parts", what i want it to do is repair your ship once when you are disabled, then delete/sell itself. Is this possible?

This post has been edited by Razzle Storm : 29 October 2005 - 02:35 PM

Hm... no. There is no way to tell if your ship has been repaired. You can however make the ouftit disappear right after buying it 😛

This might be possible with crons...

But with crons i would have to know the time the ship would become disabled.

Actually, that might work for something i have in mind. You've struck me with an idea. I could have a mission where the ship "breaks down" and you need spare parts to fix it, or you have to ask another ship for help. Maybe make a "Extremely-used shuttle" or something similiar. Kind of the same thing as buying a crappy car then having it break down on you in a week.....

I'll work on the idea.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Razzle Storm : 29 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

Isn't there an option to make a mission fail if you're disabled?

You could start a mission invisibly when you buy the spare parts, and then on fail have it set a cron to remove the spare parts a day later.

Of course they could undisable themselves multiple times with the same set of spare parts, but I don't think there's a way around that.

Isn't there an option to make a mission fail if you're disabled?

Yes there is, and i think i've got a theory down. Now i just have to implement it and see if it works.