Transient spöbs re: rEVisited

a conjecture.

First, everything in this post is second-hand information. I have tested none of it myself, and indeed haven't even played rEVisited, due to internet woes. Regardless, I have pieced together some information over the years, most of it gleaned from this very webboard, and think I might be onto something.

I have heard that rEVisited has a secret system that can only be accessed through a certain series of actions at the correct time. I have also heard that there is a "Dump Garbage" mission that can send the player to any uninhabited stellar. Since the secret location has just such an uninhabited spöb in it, the player occasionally receives a mission to dump garbage there, even if they haven't found it yet.

I believe I know of a way to prevent that mission from targeting that spöb, but I'm not positive.

It is my understanding that, in EV Nova, a mission whose destination stellar is random will never choose a transient spöb as its destination, if it can help it. A stellar is transient if there is a system with the same coordinates as the system with that spöb in it, which does not itself contain said spöb. I'm not sure whether it even has to be possible for the "alternate" system to ever become visible, but regardless, read on.

To make the secret stellar in rEVisited never again be the destination for a garbage mission, try creating another system in the same place as the system with that stellar in it, with mutually exclusive visbits.

Of course, this all hinges on my memory of things people have posted being accurate, and also it hinges on uninhabited random destinations following the same rules as inhabited ones, so there's a good chance this won't work. But it's worth a try, unless it's already been tested. 🆒

The problem is that the secret location is always visible, it's just the entry to it that comes and goes. If you simply put the same visbit on the location as the entry then the location would then be classed as transient and should solve the problem. I'll fix that in the patch.