ATTN: Programers

The MASCOT editor is apparently capable of counting the number of (insert ID) sprites that exist in a level (the count Xichrons command). Is there an easy way to change this command, ie: make it count the number of flying gremlins in a level?

And would anyone be able to/be interested in making some sort of program that would count all the Xichrons in a World Data File. Ie: the program would count all the Xichrons in level one, then advance to level two, count Xichrons, advance to level three, count Xichrons ect.

And finally, if anyone is interested in making a program like that I think it would be more worth your time if the program asked for a sprite ID to count for (making it multi-purpose). I would find a counting program like especially useful for counting Heart Containers and Magic Containers.

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Those are all things that are embedded within A Mlvl level resource (I think that's what it is). That stuff is cryptic (more so than, say, looking inside a conversation)--you'll probably need to know how MASCOT deals with those variables before you can create a new program to play the game the same way MASCOT does. ie, get the source code released. The topic of the source being released has been dealt with already; QED.

------------------
Greetings - I am your friendly neighborhood moderator. Over the coming years I shall force-feed you my biased one-sided liberal tripe that I find truthful based upon my own faulty and fragmented logic; excessive smileys 🙂 🙂 🙂 and bizarre TexT! formatting also help clarify my inane points. Welcome to the boards!

Aschaaf already made a more accurate counting program which can be found on the Ferazel's Wand Addon Page. Ask him about any future variants.

------------------
Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? A this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
Skinner: Yes.
Chalmers: May I see it?
Skinner: No.

My my, I was looking through the MASCOT dialog boxes and it seems that Ben or someone had some trouble with Res Edit and well...

Taken from MASCOT Editor's DITL ID#2000:
Greetings, I am Rojinko the merchant and I hate it when ResEdit crashes and corrupts my f**** resource, comprende?**

Looks like someone had some spare time! And what I actually meant by this topic was asking one of you people to make me (and of course the rest of the Ferazel community) a program like that. I lack the power, greatness, and supremacy to make a program like that.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Dr Tall (edited 06-07-2001).)

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
My my, I was looking through the MASCOT dialog boxes and it seems that Ben or someone had some trouble with Res Edit and well...

Lol! I did something like that in my world, but the conversation isn't secret.

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**And what I actually meant by this topic was asking one of you people to make me (and of course the rest of the Ferazel community) a program like that. I lack the power, greatness, and supremacy to make a program like that.

By what Spamguy said, it seems that ascaaf has made a program that would do what you want.

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."-Albert Einstein
-------------------
"Six by nine. Forty-two." "That's it. That's all there is."-Douglas Adams

Posted by Bob the Medicore:
By what Spamguy said, it seems that ascaaf has made a program that would do what you want.

Yes, Spamguy said it was in the addons section but I don't see anything like that listed there.

------------------

a) I didn't say it...EE did. Give the man due credit.

🆒 You all are right...there is no said counting program to be found. aschaaf's only known non-patch creation is the ACE. That needs only reading the conversation resources. Do me a favor and hop in any given Mlvl resource. I dare you to skim through and find how many Xichrons there are in that level. Not easy is it? If you don't know what you're looking for, imagine trying to tell a program.

------------------
Greetings - I am your friendly neighborhood moderator. Over the coming years I shall force-feed you my biased one-sided liberal tripe that I find truthful based upon my own faulty and fragmented logic; excessive smileys 🙂 🙂 🙂 and bizarre TexT! formatting also help clarify my inane points. Welcome to the boards!

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
**Aschaaf already made a more accurate counting program which can be found on the Ferazel's Wand Addon Page. Ask him about any future variants.

It's not on the addons page.
It's an app I hacked togethor from spare code soon after the format was released.
It can be found on the format topic.

------------------
"If we do nothing, new technologies will give the government new automatic surveillance capabilities that Stalin could never have dreamed of. The only way to hold the line on privacy in the information age is strong cryptography" - Phil Zimmermann
USE PGP! | (url="http://"http://www.pgpi.com")www.pgpi.com(/url)

Aschaaf: Could you or anyone for that matter, post the Xichron Counter on the Add-on Page. It is a very good program that should be easier to access. Also, I have no desire to see ACE in the near future. However, I would kill for an easy route creator for monsters, spikeballs, platforms, ect. Anyway this can be made?

------------------
Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? A this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
Skinner: Yes.
Chalmers: May I see it?
Skinner: No.