Hostile Waters

...is dead

Yep, Hostile Waters, the water-based plugin that so many of you, well some of you, have been waiting for, is now officially dead.

More info here.

😞 This time it's not from actual plugin problems, but from computer problems. We were doing pretty well, almost about done with the physics problems (not all of them fixed, but still playable) too. :mad:

That stinks. 😞

:huh: :blink: 😮 :wacko: 😞 😞 😞

I couldn't have put it better myself.

This is one I was really looking forward to. Sorry that the team's hard work has been for naught. Thanks though, for trying.

Damn.

Well, if it's dead, can you possibly reveal how you turned space into realistic sea?

Steelix, on Aug 14 2005, 04:26 AM, said:

Damn.

Well, if it's dead, can you possibly reveal how you turned space into realistic sea?
View Post

Not me. I don't have a recent enough version of the plug. You'd have to ask EE on EV-Nova.net. I think it was getting a little too complicated. Theoretically it's possible, but the amount of time and thinking required to just finish a truly realistic, one system water-based TC is just more time and brain-power than people have. We might've finished some time, but not for at least three or four years. And even then, with some physics not completely worked out.

Yeah, well it's a disappointment but I'm sure there are other game engines more suited for this sort of thing.

Oh. Okay. It's just that you said you'd already done a truly realistic one. I would have liked a screenshot or something, but if you haven't...

No, I'm kidding, you only said you'd worked out how to make a moderately realistic one, which is still pretty good. I'm sorry to see it go.